BC Boards

Border collies are like potato chips - you can't have but one. We all cave to puppy fever in the end. I've had a BAD case for years now. I finally succumbed.

Meet Ross - currently ten weeks old!

Here he is at eight weeks, just after joining our household:

8742504585_38b99bee58.jpg

He's a total cutie-patootie (shown again at eight weeks):

8937781225_343662de0a.jpg

He thinks he's half Jack Russell terrier. Loves to jump (and especially loves to jump up on the kitchen stepstool). He threatens us if we don't treat him well he's going to run away and join the circus (here shown at nine weeks, trying out pricked ears):

8937779597_c0950e33ab.jpg

How does he get on with other members of the household? Well, Ross and Cleo (the cat) get along like a house on fire. One or the other of them is always initiating roughhousing. (Sorry about the lousy quality of this photo; we don't have enough natural light in our house for fast shutter speeds, and I suck at flash):

8937774545_623c181a87.jpg

Apart from playing with the cat, "tug" is his favorite game (shown here at nine weeks):

8937775713_5c7fc92038.jpg

He also enjoys posing just to show everyone how cute he is (here at nine weeks);

8847911105_ffca9af1c9.jpg

(more to follow)

What does big brother Duncan think of him?

8938406788_f179239c1a.jpg

That's right. His attitude can be summarized as "EEEW, get it AWAY from me!!!"

8755233595_30715b1c2a.jpg

"Can I escape now?"

8938407928_abcfabbecf.jpg

Ross doesn't mind. He's happy to keep being cute (here at nine weeks):

8937773587_6b1d9fff87.jpg

and savor life:

8937771375_2348345d5b.jpg

and make new discoveries (as shown here with Linda's sheep, at ten weeks; note he's reverted to tipped ears)

8938393082_f54ae027ef.jpg

Great shots Lynn! Ross is a cutie but I laughed out loud at the one of Duncan with his tongue out and eyes bulging! Can't believe you caught that!

Enjoy your new little boy! He's definitely a handsome little guy.

Michelle

He's smart as a pistol. It didn't take him but five minutes to cotton on to "leave it": get your nose away from that treat and she'll give me a MUCH better one. I may laughingly say he's part Jack Russell Terrier (he LOVES to jump), but he's also got his calm moments. He enjoys lying next to me while I'm working (sigh, still too much of that - less than one week left, though, until I'm in "summer mode") and snooze:

8937777763_0a571b288a.jpg

your Ross bright a misty tear to my eye...he looks a little like my Ross who we lost 2 years ago...

26623_1369776250873_3947503_n.jpg

I wish you and your Ross as many happy love filled years as I had with mine.

Ross is incredibly cute (and pricked ears!) but my sympathies go to Duncan, whose world has been disrupted by a little dervish! Our cat, Smokey, has played with Bute and Dan as pups, like your cat does. He continued to play with gentle Bute but when Dan got a certain age, he would rougher than Smokey liked and Smokey quit the game. I guess he figured that if he wasn't going to be top dog or cat or whatever, he wasn't going to play.

Those ears! I guess if the head and tail go down when he sees sheep, what's wrong with the ears going down, too?

I have puppy envy...

now I have the fever! he's just so adorable! any more like him at home?

Is it wrong if I say I hate you, Alchemist? :P I just posted on FB yesterday how people were killing me with all their adorable puppies, and now this...

Oh, all right... I'll also add that Ross is just about the cutest puppy I've seen! :wub: Congrats on the new addition.

(but I still hate you)

OH MY STARS! Ross is totally adorable :) Enjoy your puppy fever!!!

Duncan looks bewildered :D

Ross is adorable!

Rushdoggie, your Ross was a lovely dog. I'm sorry for your loss.

You had to go an get a smooth coated tri? I hate you. Just go ahead and keep spreading that infection.

Great shots Lynn! Ross is a cutie but I laughed out loud at the one of Duncan with his tongue out and eyes bulging! Can't believe you caught that!

I loved your pics of your beautiful BCs. I have been fighting puppyitis too for about a year. I think it is time. My old Sheltie mix rescue dog is almost 17 and my BC is almost 7.

Do you mind telling me where you got him? A PM is fine.

Jovi

Ross is very cute! He's gonna be a slick little fella. Duncan, Chesney sends his sympathies... He's succumbed to Moss' antics and plays with him now :rolleyes:

Thanks, all! I'm *finally* in summer mode... I'll have to get the camera out again as soon as the weather cooperates. He's still experimenting with his ears (both pricked today) - I'm guessing he'll end up with pricked ears.

What a little cutie !, and those are some neat pics !

Ross is gorgeous and oh so cute! Congrats! And Duncan, we all understand your pain. But soon you'll have taught him to play by your rules and you'll wonder how you could have lived without your new buddy. :)