BC Boards

Interesting new info on Mo. puppy mill law

Remember when Missouri voted for stronger enforcement of puppy mills in the state? And the voters voter the new regulations in and then vote was simply ignored and dumped?

Here is some interesting new info:

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/05/missouri-politician-and-candidate-directly-benefits-from-family-puppy-mill/

I have more trouble getting these links to work right. I'm working on it. This link looks exactly right and it pulls up from another website but it doesn't work here. I am such a computer idiot.

Turns out a Mo. politican benefits from his family puppy mill. And he is not just an innocent bystander - he has been very involved. He is Jason Smith from the 8th district and his mother, Mary Smith owns one of the Dirty Dozen Puppy mills. It's a puppy mill that has been under investigation numerous times and the conditions suck.

It's always politics and money. Always. And these guys and their good ole boy associations just get away with murder. I'm hoping the KC Star will get on this.

Sad story... though I have to say, I take anything HSUS claims with a big grain of salt.

Try this link: http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/05/missouri-politician-and-candidate-directly-benefits-from-family-puppy-mill/

(I use the "link" icon - ninth from the left, hover over it to identify it - and then paste the URL into the appropriate box)

I e-mailed Lynn Horsely at the Star and asked if she could pass this info onto the right place.

I still don't understand why your link worked and mine doesn't but I am such a computer idiot that I don't know how to cut and paste.

Thanks so much for fixing that for me.

Maybe I would be suspicious except this whole thing was just so weird. The bill that all the people in Missouri voted on could have better. But it was approved by a pretty good majority. Instead of working to correct the bill the Missouri government just plain ole dumped it and decided that the old regulations were plenty good enough.

It was too odd. Money changed hands somewhere.