BC Boards

Toegrips - would these work?

Tommy Coyote

I just got an e-mail that included advertising for toegrips. These are little slip on nail covers that give dogs a much better grip when they try to walk on slick floors - like wood floors.

If these actually work they would be good for a lot of old dogs that have a terrible time on wood floors.

I wonder if the dogs woudn't just chew them off their nails.

http://www.toegrips.com/

I can personally attest to the fact they really work. I've been using them on my 15 year old Mick for several months. He was having trouble on slick floors. I tried to put rugs everywhere I could, but he still found slick places to slip and fall. These toegrips have made a tremendous difference in his quality of life and my piece of mind. I would recommend them without reservation. Just get the right size and read the instructions.

ETA No, he doesn't chew them off. They actually stay on amazingly well.

I wonder if they would for flyball? I was watching the flyball dogs and it is very exciting but it just seemed so dangerous for the dogs. They would fly down the mats but would then slice all over the place when they hit the end of the mat.

These might help that.