BC Boards

Titles question?

1st: In what order do the titles go? Is it whatever your perfer venue is 1st? is there a certain order?

As in if Cressa ever got her MAD title Would she be MACH 2 MAD Cresent Moon?

2nd: Since Cressa won her division at the Cynosport in 2011 in the PGP does that go after her name? Before her name? Any appreviations? In AKC if she ever won it would be NAC MACH 2 Cresent Moon.

Since she placed 5th in the final rounds at speed jumpers in the Cynosport in 2011 same question as above...

Does tournaments win count also? How would you document them? Do they just go after the name?

LOL AKC I understand. But When I start adding in different venues I get confused.

3rd. If Cressa has legs in each division in USDAA... but no title How do you work that? Or do you just work on finishing the title as you go? She only needs one more leg in USDAA to earn her Starter title. I believe 2 more legs to earn her Advance title. And Once she has those she will have already earn her Master title or whatever that is called.

4th Also last question: If another person handle the dog for USDAA but not for AKC. How do you include them? Or don't you since this is the dog accomplishments.

Not really just curious.

I have my dogs and their accomplishment in all of my signature. Also for website or for the breeder. It is nice to know what goes where. If at all. :)

The handler question I am really curious about since I don't know the proper procedures for that. I always consider it I am listing my dogs accomplishment not mine. But I also don't want people to think it was me doing it all.

And yes at national events they do announced them. But that isn't why I am asking since each event only announces the titles earn by their organization.

1st: In what order do the titles go? Is it whatever your perfer venue is 1st? is there a certain order?

I don't see why not. Since the venues are all independent of each other, there really isn't a set order of title listings from one venue to another.

When Dean gets his Challenge Championship, I will probably list ARCH DCDCH Dean Dog yadda yadda other Freestyle titles, CRO titles, Agility titles, etc. I think I'll put ARCH first because I like the sound of it at the beginning, but also because he earned it first, so I will probably list it first in the titles ahead of his name.

Otherwise, I just put them in the order that I prefer, and I'm not always consistent from one listing to another.

If I were listing for a program for a certain event with a certain venue, I would probably put that venue's titles first just because that makes sense to me. But, really, there isn't anything set that I know of.

Does tournaments win count also? How would you document them? Do they just go after the name?

When I list other "stuff" (which I rarely do, but sometimes it's appropriate), I either put those things after all the titles, or on a separate line under the titles.

So, I would put:

Speedy - RL1X, RL2, RLVX, RA, DCD-CF, DCD-Ent, WFDX-MF, WFDX-HTM, WSSFDX-MF, ITD

Le La Ru Award for Highest Scoring Event Performance, Summer Fun 2011 and Giving Thanks 2012

APDT Rally Award of Excellence, Level 1 and Veterans

APDT Rally National Rankings 2005 and 2006

There isn't any set way to do it - but that makes sense to me and is what I do if I have occasion to list everything and the kitchen sink!!!

4th Also last question: If another person handle the dog for USDAA but not for AKC. How do you include them? Or don't you since this is the dog accomplishments.

I would ask the people at the event in question beforehand. It seems to me that the titles go with the dog, regardless of who is handling. But if this is for something specific, I'd check with the people in charge of the program or announcement or whatever.

While I lean towards "who give a crap", what I've been told is that you put the championship titles before the dog's name (ADCH, ATChC, NATCH, MACH) and all the other titles go after the dog's name. I am certain that others will disagree and throw me in alphabet soup jail, but back in the day when I cared about titles, I was told that's how it goes.

Thus, Wick, aka WILLYOUSTOPBARKING, is more formally known as

ATChC Wicked EXJ Silver EXS Bronze EXST Bronze VBA EAC EGC EJC TG-E S-TN-E FDCH-Silver

As for the other stuff, like winning nationals, going HIT, etc., I think I was told that goes on a new line below the alphabet soup. I suppose you could go into fractions for their titles in progress (ex. 2/3 AD) but really, that is pushing the boundaries of the ridiculous, IMO.

If people want to list titles, that is fine with me. It is something that they trained and trialed hard for, and I am not going to begrudge them if they want to list titles. But my pet peeve are the people who list ALL the titles - even the lower level ones. For example, in AKC, a Novice title must be achieved before getting an Open title, and an Open title must be earned before the Excellent title, etc. I think it is very confusing (and a waste of space) when I see those dogs that are competing at Excellent or Masters levels and still list NA, NAJ, OA or OAJ, etc.

I think that only the highest title earned within a certain category (i.e. JWW) should be listed since it is understood that the lower level titles are achieved in order to get there.

IMO,

Jovi

I think that only the highest title earned within a certain category (i.e. JWW) should be listed since it is understood that the lower level titles are achieved in order to get there.

IMO,

Jovi

That makes sense.

The only titles we have here are Agility Champion and gold, silver and bronze Agility Warrants and many people don't even bother to use the AW ones, but if they do and their dog has gained it's AWG, they wouldn't also put AWS and AWB.

1st: In what order do the titles go? Is it whatever your perfer venue is 1st? is there a certain order?A

My understanding is that the first titles listed are the ones that correspond to the oldest institution. So with my Aussie, the title order goes CKC (with obedience going before rally), AAC then NAFA. After that goes the certificates/certifications (though technically they're not titles, aren't recorded anywhere, no one cares about them and they may as well be ignored) which are again listed in order of the title-giving institution's age.

E: Also, more advanced titles should replace less advanced ones. It becomes total alphabet soup if they don't.

While I lean towards "who give a crap",

LOL, Kristi. Something else we think alike on.

If people want to list titles, that is fine with me. It is something that they trained and trialed hard for, and I am not going to begrudge them if they want to list titles. But my pet peeve are the people who list ALL the titles - even the lower level ones.

Yep. Especially when I have to go Google them to figure out what they mean! :D

3rd. If Cressa has legs in each division in USDAA... but no title How do you work that? Or do you just work on finishing the title as you go? She only needs one more leg in USDAA to earn her Starter title. I believe 2 more legs to earn her Advance title. And Once she has those she will have already earn her Master title or whatever that is called.

I'm a little confused by this question. Do you mean she only needs one more leg to earn her Agility Dog (AD) title? Are you saying that she already has moved up by earning legs in Standard, but is needing legs in the games for her AD, AAD, and MAD titles?

I suppose you could go into fractions for their titles in progress (ex. 2/3 AD) but really, that is pushing the boundaries of the ridiculous, IMO.

Maybe we could just start listing every Q they've ever earned after their name. :P

Maybe we could just start listing every Q they've ever earned after their name. :P/>

Bahaha! :lol: If we think Wick's name is long now...

Honestly, I lost track of the question, but the part about the MAD title? MAD would go after her name. I think the only ones to go in front of her name are MACH and ADCH (USDAA equivalent of a MACH).

In NZ the only titles you can list are ones the dog has earned, and if the dog earns something higher it replaces the prior title. For example if your dog is an obedience champion, then becomes an obedience grand champion he is just an OBGRCH not OBGRCH OBCH.

If my dog was...

Cute Puppy UD AD RN

And then we achieved a UDX ADX and RA her name would not be

Cute Puppy UD UDX AD ADX RN RA

It would be

Cute Puppy UDX ADX RA

Championship titles always go in front of the dog's name, and everything else behind. Technically things like high in trial and best in show are not titles, so do NOT go on a dog's name.

We don't have that many titles here, so alphabet-soup names are pretty limited! We don't have multiple agility venues or anything.

We don't have that many titles here, so alphabet-soup names are pretty limited! We don't have multiple agility venues or anything.

I'm grateful we don't either in the UK since I'm the one who does the presentations at our shows. In summer that would be over 2500 places in all and names plus titles would be an absolute killer. It's bad enough when people insist on using their AW awards. Personally I can't be bothered writing them down when entering a show and have never even collected the necessary points with our last dog.

Hazel has a Reserve Agility CC that gained her an entry in the KC stud book - pretty pointless for a spayed mongrel bitch. She doesn't get to use any title for that though.

The only title that counts for anything really is AgCh. Agility Warrants just reward consistency over a period of time and can be gained by any moderate performer eventually. They have personal value depending on how hard it was for the handler and dog in question rather than general value.

KC is the major player here but we do have a few minor organisations as well. Titles won under one organisation wouldn't be used when competing under another.

Strictly speaking you could use multi disciplinary KC titles but afair I've only ever had one person insist on using her dog's WT title at an agility show. It was a BT though so perhaps she earned the right to brag.

In NZ the only titles you can list are ones the dog has earned,

I've never known anyone here to do anything different here, although I guess it's not a "rule" that anyone can really enforce.

I have occasionally "listed" that Speedy has two legs in Intermediate WCFO Freestyle since he is permanently retired from that venue and I have had occasion to acknowledge how far he got, although I don't now that he has higher titles in DCDC. I guess there is no "rule" that you can't say that a dog has so many legs toward a title, but it isn't typically done in a listing of titles.