BC Boards

Looking for Trainer near Springfield IL

Diana A

A friend of a friend is looking for a stockdog trainer for a newbie border collie owner located near Springfield IL. The owner of the dog is an agility person interested in seeing what it's all about. I didn't know off the top of my head of who in that area does lessons so I wasn't able to help her out. But if there is someone in that area you'd recommend for a newbie I can pass the information along. The dog in question is only 4 months right now so not a big rush to find someone. I don't know how far the owner will want to go with training(depends on if they get bit by the bug LOL)so for now someone who could just give a pup a decent start and not scare off a new owner with overly harsh methods would be fine.

http://www.lolbca.com/ is the website for the Land of Lincoln Border Collie Association. It is an active club that sponsors 2 trials per year, the first being in early May. I'm about 3 hours or so from Springfield, so not close by. LOLBCA also has a facebook page I believe, I'm not on facebook so not positive about that. She/he should be able to find someone to help closer than I.

Good luck- mn