BC Boards

Looking for puppy or very young female BC

Hi all... so I just started my serious search for our new family member. We are looking for a BC female. We prefer a puppy but would consider very young. She would be our 3rd BC raised from a pup,and we currently have Phoenix our 8 yr old BC boy, and Bree a 5 yr old Terrier mix. Our most sweet and precious big Akita girl, Sitka crossed the Rainbow Bridge this past July. She would have be 15 this January! We miss her terribly!!! :(/>

Bree loves everyone, Phoenix would do much better with a puppy to raise, rather than a older girl.

We live in Southern Maryland, and I own my own business as a Professional Dog Trainer (behavior and basic obedience,positive training methods and in home private training). (Dog Gone-Good Dog Training and Behavior Counseling)

We prefer to adopt from a shelter or rescue, but will consider getting puppy from reputable breeder. Looking mostly for temperment and may do some herding training for fun and activity, as well. Phoenix has had some herding training working with Jack Knox. Unfortunately I did not find out about local training until Phoenix was almost 2 years old and had alreay gone through to advanced Obedience Training (which is not hard to do with a Border Collie !). Unfortunately, I soon found out obedience training, possibly interfered with his Herding training! Live and learn, so I hope to do better with our next BC.

If anyone knows of puppies now or in the not to distant future for adoption or from a Breeder, please let me know.

Thanks much...JoeAnne and Phoenix Pellini :D/>

Hi, Joe Anne, nice to hear from you again!

Have you considered or contacted Mid-Atlantic BCR? They sometimes have pups or nice youngsters, along with their good adult adoptables. Also, Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue is a very good organization.

Sorry to hear that you have lost Sitka, but glad to hear that Phoenix is doing well.

Hi all... so I just started my serious search for our new family member. We are looking for a BC female. We prefer a puppy but would consider very young. She would be our 3rd BC raised from a pup,and we currently have Phoenix our 8 yr old BC boy, and Bree a 5 yr old Terrier mix. Our most sweet and precious big Akita girl, Sitka crossed the Rainbow Bridge this past July. She would have be 15 this January! We miss her terribly!!! :(/>/>

Bree loves everyone, Phoenix would do much better with a puppy to raise, rather than a older girl.

We live in Southern Maryland, and I own my own business as a Professional Dog Trainer (behavior and basic obedience,positive training methods and in home private training). (Dog Gone-Good Dog Training and Behavior Counseling)

We prefer to adopt from a shelter or rescue, but will consider getting puppy from reputable breeder. Looking mostly for temperment and may do some herding training for fun and activity, as well. Phoenix has had some herding training working with Jack Knox. Unfortunately I did not find out about local training until Phoenix was almost 2 years old and had alreay gone through to advanced Obedience Training (which is not hard to do with a Border Collie !). Unfortunately, I soon found out obedience training, possibly interfered with his Herding training! Live and learn, so I hope to do better with our next BC.

If anyone knows of puppies now or in the not to distant future for adoption or from a Breeder, please let me know.

Thanks much...JoeAnne and Phoenix Pellini :D/>/>

I know of a 2 year old femaie who is being fostered because original owner could not handle her.

She is being brought to sheep this weekend and has lots of folks helping look for a home for her

as her foster has asked us all for help. She is in Louisiana and I can forward you the contact information

and pictures. She is bred from herding lines. And with a herding person now..

Diane Barrentine