BC Boards

BC in need of rescue

This little girl is 10 years old and has spent her whole life in a cage being bred. :angry: Needless to say, she is going to require a special person that can handle her needs.

Please pass this around. I really hope she finds a nice home. She reminds me so much of my Danny. :(

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=LODN.A132470

Do you know anymore about her? It looks like she is at a local dog control, is she going to a private rescue? I am about 6 hours away and would love to take her on as a foster dog. I would hate to commit to her permanently, site unseen since I do have another dog and 3 cats that she would have to fit in with. However, if she is in need of a temporary/foster home and it turns out she is a good fit for our household, I would love to keep her or adopt her out to a perfect home. Her face looks so sweet and reminds me of Levi when I first got him (though I think she sounds worse off).

Let me know if you are personally involved and if transport could be arranged. Even if it is just temporary, I know I can offer a great start for her. She can go to daycare at my work 3 days a week (Levi doesn't normally go), I have another BC already at home, am experienced with sound phobias and general fears of everything (Levi was afraid of all kinds of little things at first), we are a very active home-always outside with the dog doing something (hiking, walking, fetch, frisbee, etc) and love trick training as a way to build confidence.

Also, there is a border collie rescue in Richmond (ARCBCR). I wonder if they have been contacted. This girl isn't going to get better in a shelter environment.

I'm not involved at all, unfortunately. And, yes, it's a shelter. It sounds like she was taken into a home, but the person couldn't handle her issues. She sounds like Danny, who was rescued from a puppy mill. I've spent over two years to get him to where he is now. I know I couldn't handle another one like him, even though my heart says otherwise.

I don't know if you could call the shelter and see about fostering and maybe transport? It would be awesome if you could!

I can pass this along to the Richmond rescue, also.

Thanks so much for caring!

Also, there is a border collie rescue in Richmond (ARCBCR). I wonder if they have been contacted. This girl isn't going to get better in a shelter environment.

I just went online to the Richmond rescue and they said they need fosters. I wonder if YOU contacted them and asked if they could pull this girl and offer to foster? Maybe they would be more willing to help if they already had a foster lined up.

I emailed them just now. I wonder if Glen Highland Farm could help. That place is a border collie's dream come true, especially for someone like her. I hope the shelter she is at won't let her "run out of time".

Thank you so much for your interest in her. She looks so wonderful. I'll keep checking on her to make sure she's safe.

Diane,

Why not contact Sarah Ruckeleshaus at Mid-Atlantic Border Collie Rescue: MABCR? Even if she couldn't take Looker for some reason, she has a large number of contacts/resources and could possibly help this dog. She's on Facebook as well.

She was the first person I contacted. She said she wouldn't be able to help.

From the email I received from the shelter she is at, it seems like she is in a good place that has her best interest in mind. When I hear dog control shelter, I think of bare bones places that euthanize on Fridays when space is full and gives dogs to the first person who comes for them. This place is not like that at all it seems. I was so worried at first.

Also, the person I contacted at ARC said they are working on getting her! :D