BC Boards

My old Ellie is gone

Tommy Coyote

She was just in too much pain. She made it to 14.

She had been doing sort of OK but the last few days she seemed to really go downhill.

It is so hard to lose a beloved dog. But I was so blessed to have her all the time I did.

Maybe more later. Too raw right now.

Mary

Mary,

I'm so sorry to read this. Others have said it more eloquently, but the sentiment is the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find peace in knowing that Ellie is now at peace.

We are so sorry to hear of this....they are special and make the dull world a whole lot brighter and we let them have had a piece of our hearts. But they send it back with another dog but in the meantime, you have to grieve, remember the memories and when you dream at night, she will return in your dreams. She still is there in spirit and you will feel her wet nose on your knee for that brief instance........sending hugs and prayers.....

Thank you so much for your thoughts. They really help.

Ellie was crippled all of her life. I really hope that she can finally run across pastures and round up sheep and really get to just act like a dog.

Maybe she can be a faithful companion to the good shepherd. She would be a great heavenly sheepdog. She is faithful and huge hearted. And she had good balance and good instinct. She always tried to do things right. Well, except for the fights to the death with Molly (who is also departed). Ellie loved a good fight - just jumped right in. But none of us is perfect.

She could fly across the clouds. Free. That would be so wonderful for her.

I miss her. I honest to God think she was still in the house yesterday. I could feel her and I kept turning around to talk to her - but she wasn't there.

Mary