BC Boards

BC/Aussie Mix

I have my dog groomed at the local technical school animal care program. The director is currently fostering a BC/Aussie mix female that has extreme shyness issues with people, but she is alpha bitch with other dogs. She is a very sweet, smart dog. The director's daughter adopted her and spent a huge amount of time and money on training and vets to make sure the issues she has don't have physical reasons for her behavior. The woman who adopted her from a shelter brought her to mom when things weren't working out. The director is a very nice woman who has a bunch of dogs of her own but there are some personality clashes with the new dog and the rest of the pack. I was half ready to bring her home myself until she told me about being alpha dog. My dog Romana, has shown extremely dominant behavior with other female dogs, and since Buster is gone, has been trying to hump the cat that we refer to as her puppy. If anyone is looking for a really smart but shy dog, this one has no people aggression issues. thanks, Phoebe