BC Boards

Sweet and Beautiful BC Mix Available for Adoption

I am fostering a young BC mix , who is available for adoption through an Atlanta area rescue organization. She's a beautiful dog; sweet, smart, graceful, loving. Everyone who meets her loves her. She likes to fetch tennis balls and responds very well to training. She would also be a great jogging partner. My best guess as to the other breed, based on appearance and personality is Boxer.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can!

Reenie

I've been around horses my entire life...a "horse dog" is a new one to me as well. I hope the vet tech didn't mean she'd be good to work horses. Maybe s/he meant she'd behave well around horses? Not sure how you'd be able to ascertain that from a vet visit though. I'm stumped.

She's a cutie though and she's lucky to have you!

just a thought about "horse dog". i used to have 2 good "horse dogs". to me that meant when i went trail riding, the dogs would keep up all day, stay with the horses (even tho they were allowed to enjoy the woods), but didn't get under their feet even at a good gallop. they didn't wander into other peoples yards or react to their dogs. they were a pleasure to have along not a pain. kept them in fabulous shape.

just a thought about "horse dog". i used to have 2 good "horse dogs". to me that meant when i went trail riding, the dogs would keep up all day, stay with the horses (even tho they were allowed to enjoy the woods), but didn't get under their feet even at a good gallop. they didn't wander into other peoples yards or react to their dogs. they were a pleasure to have along not a pain. kept them in fabulous shape.

Just what you said here, Lisa. We've had a couple over the years and it was always a treat to take a ride with a good horse and a good dog along for company. Just like you said, mannerly around the horses and around other people's property and dogs, and fit and able to keep up on the ride.

A ha. The "horse dog" thing makes more sense now; thanks everyone for the additional info. Reenie just needs a good home, period. She's been in foster for a while now, so I'm trying to get her as much exposure as possible. I'm pleased to see she's getting so many views in this forum. Keeping my fingers crossed!

If by "horse dog" they mean she'd be quiet and mannerly around horses that makes sense, I was just curious how the vet tech thought s/he knew this though, unless s/he saw her around horses. Plus I've just never heard a dog referred to as a horse dog before. Everywhere I've lived dogs that behave well around horses are called good barn/ranch dogs, so maybe it's just a regional semantics thing. Certainly didn't mean to hijack the thread over what a "horse dog" is biggrin.gif