BC Boards

Border Collies really do make good house pets!!!!

Hurricane Sandy brought us house guests for the night, 2 humans and 3 labs off varying ages who took the precaution of leaving their low lying house for the night.

After living exclusively with border collies for the last 3 years it seemed like a herd of elephants had moved into the house, my are they a heavy footed lot :) and my husband said it sounded like our furniture was being beaten with broomsticks....

After living exclusively with border collies for the last 3 years it seemed like a herd of elephants had moved into the house, my are they a heavy footed lot :) and my husband said it sounded like our furniture was being beaten with broomsticks....

My female, Senneca, moves like a cat -- constantly in stealth mode. Some of my male fosters have been a bit more heavy footed, but still pretty quiet. I agree, Border Collies make pretty good house companions.

Having grown up with purpose-bred field Labs who actually got to hunt with my mom, I have a soft spot for the breed. Mostly now because they're like giant cartoon characters compared to the Border Collies :) There's a 6-month old Lab pup visiting right now, and I can't resist snuggling his fat little head.

Well since I have had Kate my chocalate lab for 14 years I agree they are heavy footed. She weighs in at almost 90lbs.post-13260-097797500 1352039875_thumb.jpg Keeva is so gentle and quiet (almost sneaky)around the house. If not for her collar tags i wouldn't even know where she is.

I am surprised no one addressed the smell issue of the Labs. :P The double coat and the obsession with getting wet makes for one stinky dog.

Maybe your guests gave them baths before their visit.