BC Boards

herding err working livestock part 2

Lol I think if we ever replaced the agility equipment at the building for sheep Cressa would be very confused and would probably go look for the equipment. If sheep ever wander into the agility ring at a competition at least at this point I am sure Cressa would ignore them and stay true to the course.

One of mine goals is to get Cress to the point that pressure doesn't bother her as much when she is working live stock.

Although if we even get to trial level I am sure it will be a total flip in mind set. Cressa loves to compete.

have you tried it at all with Racy? It does look like it would be fun. Cress i think would love the head-head racing. ing since outside was icky. Troy did much MUCH better. A couple of times he was actually balancing the sheep and keeping them together. Then a couple minutes later he would realize he was on the "wrong" side and would run around/through the sheep to get to my side. So proud for a little bit he was able to FOCUS and work the sheep! Go Troy boy!!!

Cressa is improving but by the end of the lesson she was just laying at my side like woah! She started off very intent on working and she seem to find that nice point where the sheep stuck with us/me without trampling me or getting pushed ahead. She was balancing nice... it does seem when she gets to the end of her focus/getting overwhelm she can't take pressure as well. Also she did NOT like us going clockwise at that point she would keep trying to circle us and not balance as nice as when we were going counterclockwise. She still gets very green eyed when I work another dog.

So proud of my kids!

Brought Aslan with me this time also and he is scared of sheep still. :(

Eta: not sure if anyone will see this but I am not sure how much more j will be posting about our experience so far with herding.

If you are actually interested in how we do or any problems we face you can follow us on fb... just look up Stella Stankowski. My profile has my dogs in it.

Well, I am bringing my dogs to livestock 2x/week. That's a lot of updates. Also wasn't sure if this topic(general topic) is the right one for these updates. And I am sure it is getting kind of annoying to constantly bump this thread up and cover up newer threads.

Also I am not sure if there will be much more to update. Lol I am just exposing them more and getting them more keen and wanting to work.