BC Boards

Livestock Management in Rough Terrain

TEC

The scenes and commentary in videos like these are what keeps me on board with the breeding philosophy that the Border Collie folks here espouse. Watching what these dogs can do, even just on video, helps me appreciate the genetics behind them. I would hate to see them lost. These dogs are simply amazing.

The scenes and commentary in videos like these are what keeps me on board with the breeding philosophy that the Border Collie folks here espouse. Watching what these dogs can do, even just on video, helps me appreciate the genetics behind them. I would hate to see them lost. These dogs are simply amazing.

Yep...I agree completely. Border Collie is a heritage to protect and enjoy. -- TEC

You're welcome. Check-out time-log 4:00 to 4:36 in above video. Strong-eyed tri-color has the vigilant one in packet stopped, turned, and IMO ready to freeze in place or run back at dog. Tri-color seems to anticipate what may happen, and flanks off squarely to left, evidently telling balky sheep that it has permission to pivot and return to packet. Dog found way to reduce its threatening eye/posture for an instant in order to get the job done. -- TEC