BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Anda

Ouzo's Going to Be a Big Brother

Since Ruth figured out my secret from the comment I left on Rachel's Iowa fair working dogs thread, and it hasn't been a secret for a while for my friends on Facebook and Flickr, I figured it's time to come out clean here as well :)

Ouzo's getting a baby brother before the year's over. Due date is 12/29. This is our first baby, so you can imagine we're both scared and excited at the same time.

The one thing I don't worry much about is how Ouzo will react to the new baby. He loves children and babies, he's known for sticking his head inside strollers and try to kiss unknown babies, something that is both sweet and terrifying for people who do not know him :D

7612188678_2b67aa9a66.jpg

He has been very understanding of my lack of energy this summer, luckily I'm gaining my strengths back (I realize it's only temporary :) ) but we're making the best out of it.

Still finding time for playing ball

7718451052_950f081941.jpg

And posing with my pretty hairy boy

7718798494_75ac7670a6.jpg

Our outings might be limited to weekends but we're making the best out of them.

7823039884_05b761c0af.jpg

Experimenting with new flavors - this fish apparently tasted funny

7760785122_45615c85fb.jpg

But overall enjoying life, in his usual effervescent style

7521447564_25fbf897f5.jpg

I was joking on FB saying that as soon as Ouzo will figure out that babies come with new toys, he will immediately initiate a toy exchange program with the newcomer :) I have a feeling there will be a lot of sharing and swapping of toys going around for quite a while :D

Congratulations! It sounds like he will love the new addition.

Love the photos - particularly the one with the pink stuffed toy holding the bottle. Very cute.

Jovi

Oh, Anda, how wonderful for you! Congratulations!

Congrats! Am I the only one who thought you were getting a puppy? I was puzzled why you were saying he loves kids and human babies. But Congrats none the less.

No, no, it's the dropped FOOD that makes kids so popular with dogs. They are like mini vending machines with legs. ;) Congrats!

Big congratulations! Too bad your middle-trimester tired phase coincided with such a hot summer. You'll feel much more perky this fall, I predict. You are such a good photographer... I can't wait for baby pictures!

I didnt' konw and it's funny I was just as excited to read which kinda baby you were going to have! A puppy or human!

Congrats to Anda and her family. You take such lovely pics of Ouzo, can't wait to see your baby pics!

Congratulations Anda!! I'm sure Ouzo is going to have a blast with the new addition!

No, no, it's the dropped FOOD that makes kids so popular with dogs. They are like mini vending machines with legs. ;) Congrats!

Lol, some dogs get tired of Cheerios, etc after a while. Missy wouldn't eat them anymore about 6 months into my nanny job. She'd clean out the highchair after meals, but daytime snacks stayed on the floor until the the vacuum came around.

But she never tired of the endless desire and energy that toddlers have when it comes to tossing a ball.

Toddlers are easily trained by a cute smart border collie. Mine all have my grand daughter trained well. One cookie for her one for each dog. Sure you can have a drink of my milk or juice. They also have learned if they stay quiet and just lay there so will the kid!

My granddaughter will be 2 on Sat. She loves all my animals. The kids had her watching tv and she saw a sheep. She calls them baabaa's, she looked at them and said MiMi (that's my grandma name) she also thinks finding chicken eggs is the best.

Funny that her older brother(all of 5) isn't into animals. They are a bother for him but this little girl hasn't met an animal she doesn't like! Her dog is named Snickers but she calls him GoGo. She calls all my dogs Dew!

Can you tell I love being a grandma?!

Oh Anda what a ride you are in for! You're gonna love it! And the pictures you will take!

Congratulations! How exciting.

Well, time to admit I was wondering too if you were talking two or fourlegged! Looking forward to the pictures already. You toyswap comment cracked me up! I can so see it!

Thank you, all :) Ouzo's not that crazy about food, it's toys he always craves.

Yes, all the photo opportunities ahead, huh? tongue.gif And no, I swear I did not plan on having a kid just to take pictures of him laugh.gif

My dogs aren't that food motivated either, well some of then aren't. But somehow they realize toddler and baby food is different. It's to be cherished and shared! Then there are faces to be licked and ears to be cleaned. Once a dog figures out they aren't evil it's an amazing thing to watch them with the baby!

So excited for you!

Congratulations, Anda! Children are such a blessing! (I had a Christmas baby too, so take my advice and get all of your Christmas shopping done early! Order everything you can!) :lol:

I only have a baby one day a week, but I can tell you that both my BCs love him. Gideon gives him back his toys when he throws them. Micah pushes his walker. They both love to lick his feet. The only problem we're having is that he opens his mouth wide and leans in if they sniff in his direction. What great fun you'll have!

Can you imagine Ouzo and baby pics? can't wait to see them!