BC Boards

Blue Buffalo - Fish & Sweet Potato

Jimmyd65

Has anyone had trouble with Blue Buffalo Fish & Sweet Potato??? We've been using this product for over a year and no problems. Just started a new bag and BAM,,,, both got the runs.. I did notice the kibble looks a few shades lighter than usual!!! I'm pulling and going to put both on a bland diet for a few days and start new food. Any suggestions?? I hear Fromm is wonderful but pricey... Would love to hear back from everyone.

Thanks

I hear Fromm is wonderful but pricey...

I feed Fromm's. Have for a few years. Aside from being a good food, the thing I really like about them is that they have a frequent buyer program. Buy 12 bags and get the 13th free. Just need the UPCs. So, if you buy 12 bags of the 15# bag of food @ $25 a bag after the free bag you are really only paying about $23 a bag. Also, Fromm's emails out coupons for money off and free bags a few times a year. The other thing I like about Fromm's is that they do have a wide variety of protiens to choose from and offer a grain free line, too.

Just something to consider.

I would take the bag back from where I got it and return it, if they wont take it back I would write a nice letter to Blue Buffalo, it may have just been and bad bag and they will replace it with another product for free. Or I would ask for a refund to purchase something else. No reason in paying for a bag of food you can't feed.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with Bindy also with blue buffalo, so have many other dogs.

I feed orjien,& I LOVE the food. It's pricey but it's worth the money.

"Unlike conventional, mass-produced dog and cat foods which are mass produced from highly refined, commodity ingredients, ORIJEN is produced in small batches from natural, unprocessed ingredients. With almost 50% of ORIJEN’s ingredients arriving FRESH each day (never frozen, no preservatives), a natural variation occurs and affects the color, size and shape of ORIJEN kibble."

"Never frozen or exposed to heat or chemical preservatives, our fresh meats arrive daily and have nutritional properties superior to any other meat ingredient form, such as rendered or dried."

.MEAT CONCENTRATION: ORIJEN is made with 75-80% meat, while ACANA has between 40 to 65%, depending on the formula.

PROTEIN: ORIJEN diets range between 38% and 42% protein, while ACANA features protein levels of 27-34%.

CARBOHYDRATE: ORIJEN diets range from 18-22% of carbohydrate, while ACANA diets are typically in the 28-30% carbohydrate range.

AMOUNT OF FRESH MEAT: ORIJEN is made with up to 40% of fresh meats, compared with ACANA which ranges from 9-15% of fresh meats.

FRESH MEAT VARIETY: ORIJEN features a minimum of 5 fresh meats, compared to ACANA which contains 3 different fresh meat ingredients.

http://www.championpetfoods.com/faq/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck finding a food your dogs, that they do well on.

I would also try to return to the store - or if not that, contact the company. I have never had a problem with Blue Buffalo food, but as Christine pointed out, it may have been a bad bag. What is the expiration date on the bag?

I frequently change out the kibble my dogs eat and they seem to do well on all of them - Fromm, TOTW, Wellness, Solid Gold, Canine Caviar and Blue Buffalo. I tried Orijen a couple of months ago (popped for the extra $$ because I had heard good reviews), but both of my dogs had MUCH bigger poops and they smelled nasty. (Yes, poop smells bad in general, but these were worse than normal.) So I will not be using Orijen again.

YMMV,

Jovi

• 2 weeks later...

We have feed Emma our BC Blue Wilderness going on 4 years with no issues. I have to say, she loves it, and we had a Lab we fed SD for the 13 years of her life and what a difference in the smell and amount of poop that came out of the Lab, but naturally she was a little bigger, but ate about the same amount of food and the Lab always had health issues. Good luck with your search for quality dog food.