BC Boards

Furs-A-Flyin' CPE Agility Trial

we've all tossed around the topic of AKC agility trials and why we do or don't do them. in my area, they were the only game in town (within a 2 hour drive) for the longest time. so i've put my money where my mouth is. i've started a CPE agility club called furs-a-flyin' in the morgantown, WV area. our first trial is sept. 15-16. i invite any and everyone in the WV, PA. MD, OH area and beyond to come out and enjoy. for more info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/261008260678215/

please help me bring non-akc agility to our area.

thanks, Lisa

we've all tossed around the topic of AKC agility trials and why we do or don't do them. in my area, they were the only game in town (within a 2 hour drive) for the longest time. so i've put my money where my mouth is. i've started a CPE agility club called furs-a-flyin' in the morgantown, WV area. our first trial is sept. 15-16. i invite any and everyone in the WV, PA. MD, OH area and beyond to come out and enjoy. for more info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/261008260678215/

please help me bring non-akc agility to our area.

thanks, Lisa

We are coming up all the way from NC cannot wait the 3 of us planning to come up should have 4 dogs to enter. Plan to mail entrys to you in the next couple days have to wait for 1 of the giorls to confirm Friday off work.

3 hours and 12 minutes away!! But it would be an absolutely lovely trip.

I'll consider it, although 2 hours is usually my top travel limit.

There don't happen to be any nice multi-dog-friendly cabins with swimming access for the dogs in a beautiful setting in the area, do there?!!? :D :D :D

In any case, I wish you the best with the trial!

scullywags-- thanks, you rock!

root beer- yes, it's called coopers rock state forest or chestnut ridge park, right across the street from coopers rock. great cabins and camping and there are many creeks that are doggable, all leading down to cheat lake. the dogs and i were just hiking there on sunday. beautiful!!!

http://www.coopersrockstateforest.com/camping.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chestnut-Ridge-Park-Campground/159815550754774

thanks jovi, maybe some other time??

scullywags-- thanks, you rock!

root beer- yes, it's called coopers rock state forest or chestnut ridge park, right across the street from coopers rock. great cabins and camping and there are many creeks that are doggable, all leading down to cheat lake. the dogs and i were just hiking there on sunday. beautiful!!!

http://www.coopersrockstateforest.com/camping.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chestnut-Ridge-Park-Campground/159815550754774

thanks jovi, maybe some other time??

How far is that from the trial site?

CPE is loads of fun its less stingent I would say than the other venues but you do have to Q alot more to get the C ATCH title if you go thru all 5 levels to get it

I have been to CPE Nationals twice and they are so much fun

I think anyone trying it will enjoy it so if anyone on the board is attending look for me luv to meet new people I will have my little 12" dog Boomer (non BC) and my wild pup Kip (BC) my other BC is still on his rehab so he has to stay at the house.

scullywags, the 2 parks are 30 mins from the trial site. less as the crow flies, but mountains and creeks get in the way! you can mapquest Coopers rock state forest, wv to reedsville,wv. there are 2 ways to go. one thru mo'town, the other round back over rt. 26. look forward to seeing you.

It would certainly be fun but for right now, Saturdays are the day that Celt's appointments are scheduled with the therapist. But maybe if I could get Hope to go with me to the agility trial, I could move Celt's appointment to another time, or even earlier in the day.

Getting away on Saturdays is always hard because that's Ed's day home, too - and because Sept and Oct are the months with so many good sheepdog trials within a somewhat reasonable driving distance for me that the few Saturdays I normally can get away are usually spent there.

But maybe...

I'm thinking about going as a day trip. I would have to convince my husband to make a weekend of it, and then I'd vanish for part of that, and I don't think it would fly.

I do love a good road trip, and a day out with my girl, and I'd like to support the event.

I haven't decided, but I'm still considering it.

Will you be doing the two Standard classes on Saturday as rounds (both 4, 5, C then both 3, etc.)?

scullywags, the 2 parks are 30 mins from the trial site. less as the crow flies, but mountains and creeks get in the way! you can mapquest Coopers rock state forest, wv to reedsville,wv. there are 2 ways to go. one thru mo'town, the other round back over rt. 26. look forward to seeing you.

Thank you looking forward to it :)

root beer- i'm not sure how the judge will run the standards. it would certainly be more convenient to do it the way you mentioned. i'll ask him, but he is way more experienced than i! since it will be a small trial, there will probably be plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of WV whichever way we run it!

root beer- i'm not sure how the judge will run the standards. it would certainly be more convenient to do it the way you mentioned. i'll ask him, but he is way more experienced than i! since it will be a small trial, there will probably be plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of WV whichever way we run it!

That is typically how it is done when two Standards are offered one after the other.

The advantage of doing it that way is that they only have to set out the Standard equipment for each level one time. The disadvantage is that if you title in the first round, you can't move up because the level above you ran already.

But if you find out, let me know. If they are doing it that way, I could enter both Standards and count on getting there on time.