BC Boards

border collies in general (kinda long message)

Hi! i have two dogs right now. neither of them is very energetic or able to do what i want (but i still love 'em to death). i've always wanted a BC. i love to do agaility and obideance. i have school and i go to a horse stable after school and almost every day during the summer. i have a lot of energy myself and love to run. we live in an old farmhouse with fields and woods. my dogs always live inside with me. do border collies sound like the dog for me? what are the pros and cons of owning them? thank you so much!!!!!

Hi Tash -

this is a question that comes up regularly. I'm glad you're thinking about it carefully before you decide what to do - and here are a few places you can look to get more info:

first, check out some of the old discussion threads on this site. Go to the General BC discussion heading, set it to show topics from the last 100 days, and browse. Some topics that might be of interest are:

"BC as family pet?"

"Badmouthin' the breed"

Considering a BC"

"Are YOU right for a Border Collie?"

You'll get a good cross-section of opinions and experiences from these threads. I also recommend going to www.bcrescue.org and reading what they have under the heading "Do you really want a Border Collie?".

Hope this helps!