BC Boards

Tess

I took Dakota to his first Intermediate Obdience class last night, he started jumping on me so I turned my back and ignored him, he jumped on my back a few times and then stopped, when he stopped jumping on me I then acknowledged him.

We also learned 'leave it' with food on the ground. Dakota is such a food hound I didnt think he would learn, but after only 3 lessons he learned what I wanted!

I am just amazed at how smart this puppy is!

I am gonna try the warm up you suggested on thursday for our agility class.

Is it ok to practice this everyday so he stops jumping on me altogether? he seemed to develope the jumping on me when doing agility. hopefully I can nip it in the bud soon.

Zebbie

I practice this all the time. When we go for walks I wait until the pavement is clear then I trot with Isa [she is on the leash]. Fortunately she doesn't jump any more so I now use the trotting to bring her to a 'wait' at the road side. Isa also loves her food and two nights ago my husband ate something hot which momentarily took his breath away. Whilst he was fighting for breath Isa seized the moment to leap on his dinner. Once we saw the funny side we told our trainer who asked us why we didn't tell her to leave. She has obviously never nearly choked before.

Danny, my husband uses the turned back to stop Pepsi barking at agility. It sounds like you and Dakota are going to go far. I sincerely hope your dedication pays off. Please keep us in touch with her progress.

Regards, Val and the girls