BC Boards

No Agility this summer

It looks like I waited to long to put Max on the agility list. So now I am looking for ideas to keep him busy and burn some energy.

I tried flyball but he hates to bring stuff back -- like he runs to get it then drops it. All Max wants to do is run, he loves to chase behind my son but with his current obedience problems I don't want him around kids for fear that his herding instinct will kick in. Any ideas I mean we do walk about an hour a day. 15 in the morning 45 when I get home from work and 15 before we go to bed. But it seems like that is no where near enough so any games or ideas??

Anja - you mention "his current obedience problems." Might I suggest you sign up and do obedience classes this summer while you are waiting to get into agility classes? You will find that the obedience training will only make your agility training go that much easier down the road, and you might be able to address some of those "obedience problems." If you find a good class near you, I can promise you that you won't be bored! At our school, we have a "drop in" Novice class, and in addition to the routine exercises, the instructor sometimes has games night, or introduces some of the fun, advanced exercises...the point being to keep on trainin' while having fun! And you'll have lots of homework to keep you busy during the week btwn classes!

Good Luck!!