BC Boards

BCs missing after traffic accident in Arizona - please share

Man Facebook has gone wild with the great news.

In less than 24 hours, some 4800 people rallied together. Well over $19K was raised in that timeframe as well, and it would have been more if they hadn't stopped the online donations to consult with tax advisors. Simply Amazing. Proud to have been part of the effort from afar.

Yes there was something about the other dogs, but honestly the facebook group page has gone crazy and it would be impossible to find now. I'm sure once the dust has settled there will be an update. I know one of her dogs (BreeSea) was with Elicia helping with the search. I think the other injuries on the other dogs were minor. Tobie is being taken to the vet right now. Two unfortunately died, the young Kelpie pup and the other dog who was lost with Tobie.

From Amber Abbott-The main search coordinator:

Tobie is on the way to the vet, but looking great. She has dranken several bottles of water, her gum color looks great, they say her pads are remarkably not worn. Elicia is on her way to pick up her other dogs and get reunited with them. She will probably stay over in Tucson for the night, hopefully will see a doctor again this evening. Donations can be accepted on Elicia's own personal PayPal site. Thank you to all who helped, it was awesome to have the plane there. I felt like a 911 operator getting the call from Susie Fain, telling me to call Elicia Calhoun, that she has been spotted at milemarker 350, Eastbound headed Weat (or maybe ther other way, I forget now)... to make that call to Elicia was amazing. Instant hope that lead to victory. That's when I told all of you to concentrate huge positive thoughts. Tobie was a little hesitant to approach her but after narrowly missing a big rig right in front of them, she came to her momma. I'm sure Elicia will be able to fill in the gaps, but figured you guys deserve to be part of the story I know. Your generousity has been amazing. You can still mail checks to me, made out to her. ♥ you all!

Elicia checked herself out of the hospital with a punctured lung and various other injuries. Hoping once the dogs are taken care of that she'll get more medical attention. She is surrounded by people looking out for her and her dogs right now, so I imagine they'll get her back to a doctor soon.

For anyone who would like to help Elicia with the enormous pile of vet and doctor bills she's going to face, the link is back up and can last indefinitely.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/bK4Ab

Please consider helping out, even if only $5 or $10. Good people here made a huge difference with me, when Nick suffered his back injury this winter. We can do as much for a stranger, as well.

I am so very proud of the dog community tonight! :)

~ Gloria

She's posted a photo of the car where it came to rest. Absolutely a miracle that anyone survived.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447133538639922&set=o.344888635582961

And another of her and her 4 surviving dogs at the wrecking yard, later:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=447135161973093&set=o.344888635582961&type=1&ref=nf

The best thing to come of this is a huge discussion and re-awakening about dog safety in our travels. This so, so easily could have been any of us.

~ Gloria

The best thing to come of this is a huge discussion and re-awakening about dog safety in our travels. This so, so easily could have been any of us.

~ Gloria

I'm going to start a separate topic about that as I would be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on safety and I don't want to take this thread off topic.