BC Boards

Border Collie's Too much for some.

I have been reading the boards here since last October when I drove to Oklahoma from New York to pick up my border collie pup.

She is now 8 months old and I do not know how i managed without her. I wish that I had the time to blog or write down all the amazing and sometimes hard transistions we have hard. I new what i was in for and still do. I think so many people who purchase the most amazing looking puppies just need to have patience and time to spend because it is has been so worth it. In New York there are many BC's looking for homes from about 4-6 months old. Funny that was when my pup began to get way to busy. (LOL).

Welcome! This is a great place to share, ask questions, and learn so that you and your dog may continue to progress, and you can channel that energy and intelligence.

Many pups wind up in shelters as soon as that baby cuteness is outgrown, and the energy and demands of a youngster are not satisfied in a constructive manner.

Best wishes!

I've got a 4 and 1/2 month old male and today he started to lunge at passing cars on our walk. Just a week ago he was afraid of them.

It's also quite a sight to see him do his "zoomies". Usually before bedtime he will just fly around our house ping ponging off the furniture. Playing with an empty 2 liter plastic soda bottle will usually trigger these. We just sit back and enjoy it because soon after he's done he's all set for his crate. Ya gotta love border collies. :)

I've got a 4 and 1/2 month old male and today he started to lunge at passing cars on our walk. Just a week ago he was afraid of them.

This is a behavior that you want to deal with right now, before it becomes a bad habit and a real problem.

Try using the search function to find some of the numerous topics that have addressed this issue. You will find it worthwhile, I am sure.

This is a behavior that you want to deal with right now, before it becomes a bad habit and a real problem.

Try using the search function to find some of the numerous topics that have addressed this issue. You will find it worthwhile, I am sure.

Thanks. I'm new to this site so there's lots to see around here. My first border went through the same thing when he was young. I will do a search.

Thanks. I'm new to this site so there's lots to see around here. My first border went through the same thing when he was young. I will do a search.

If you don't find the information you need (and there have been lots of topics on this and similar issues), please post in the General section about this problem so that people can give you good feedback now, before it becomes ingrained.

If you don't find the information you need (and there have been lots of topics on this and similar issues), please post in the General section about this problem so that people can give you good feedback now, before it becomes ingrained.

I second this! We've been working with Colby every single day since November on her car lunging/herding. She's come extremely far, but she's still not perfect. I only wish I had started working on it the first time I noticed it. It takes BCs absolutely no time to learn (and sometimes obsess over) something you don't want them to do!