BC Boards

Why shelters/rescue spay/neuter very young

I was browsing craigslist and came across this posting craigslist

On this board there have been lots of discussions about the correct time to spay/neuter or even at all. But when I found this post it really drove the point home why so many shelters today spay/neuter pediatrically. A couple of months ago I was at a spay/neuter clinic having a foster neutered and was watching the comings and goings and had the same thought, but this ad really made an impression.

I have a Super Handsome 10 month old Austrailian Shepherd Mix looking to Stud for the first and only time. Everyone he meets wants to take him home with them. His mother was a purebred Aussie and we believe his Sire was a Catahoula Leopard Dog (He has webbed paws!) Aussie Mix. He's not you're average Aussie. Very Intelligent. House trained at 10 weeks. Not looking to breed necessarily with another Aussie. Looking for a dam of similar size and coat lengths. ie Golden Retriever, Husky, Border Collie ect. or even another mix, I just feel like I would be doing him an injustice if I didn't breed him at least once before he's fixed. If you're interested please contact Ashley @

Here is Murray as a puppy. (An idea of future litters) He had a blue eye and a green eye until he was about 3 months old when they both turned brownish Hazel, But still has has traces of the blue and green towards his iris. The white has filled in mostly around his face and his tan points are more pronounced. I don't have access to more recent pictures momentarily. (Computer and Camera are both broken, figures huh?) If you'd like to see more email me.

I don't think there is ever a day that goes by where I am not mortified by members of the human race. I just don't understand how there can be so many STUPID people in the world. What a flipping idiot.

Archived