BC Boards

Owner died, 8-yr-old sibs need help, becoming urgent

Received this information in an e-mail from a rescue friend over the weekend. Sad, sad situation - two loving, middle-aged dogs orphaned by the sudden death of their owner. His niece is desparately trying to find a place for these two (read below). Can anyone give this pair a place to land? Tucker is the black and white boy, Sammy is the mostly black girl.

SAM_3767-1.jpgSAM_3822-1-1-1.jpg

My name is Dana Halbirt and I am a volunteer with the St Joseph Animal Shelter, recently I had a tragedy in my family. My Uncle Ron rescued Tucker and Sammy about 8 years ago from a old farmer who wasn't happy that his dog had puppies. On February 7th my Uncle Ron went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping and of course his buddy Tucker went along for the ride. Ron had a heart attack and a massive stroke Tucker was raising as much cane as he possibly could, and finally someone called for a ambulance. Unfortunately my Uncle Ron passed away on the 11th. Ron and Tucker were extremely close best friends you might say. Tucker is a great dog but he is mouthy -- he barks a lot. Sammy is a very laid back shy girl who just wants love and attention. They just don't understand what has happened why their Daddy hasn't come home. Our family is taking care of them feeding them giving them fresh water and letting them out several times a day to go potty but we can't leave them at the house for much longer. The bank is supposed to foreclose on their home. I have been able to find homes for one of the other dogs and the cat but not as of yet for Sammy and Tucker. Since they are brother and sister and have always been house dogs we were hoping we could find a home for them together but haven't been successful. They are both house broken fixed and are up to date on all of their shots. As a animal lover myself and 4 children (4 legged kind) of my own I am not able to take them. Tucker and Sammy are great dogs and just need a second chance with someone who will love them as much as Ron did.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my email and I truly hope you can help us!!

Please call me Dana Halbirt at 816-two six one-6287 or my Mom Chris Wright at 816-six one seven-3861. DHalbirt at agent.shelterinsurance.com

I have been in contact with Dana and she is working hard to find a spot for these two. Hope we can help!

SAM_3824.jpgSAM_3770.jpgSAM_3798.jpg

Archived