BC Boards

Hi, I'm new!

Hi All! I'm new to this forum. My name is Melanie. My fiance and I have lived with Border collies for just about two years now :) it certainly feels like much longer. Figured I'd introduce myself (and the dogs!).

This is Cooper. He's my dad's dog and for all intents and purposes, he's the reason my fiance and I became BC people. He'll be two next week.

031911%252520006.jpg

This is our first Border, Colby (with a dirty face!). She is Cooper's 1/2 sister (same mother, different father). She's a little over a year old. She does agility, herding, flyball, obedience and frisbee. I love her like a child. :)

112411%252520080.JPG

Here's our newest addition, Ace. He's 10 weeks old today. Once he's a bit older, he'll start obedience and herding.

012012_0011.JPG

We live in Maryland... about 20 miles north of DC.

Hi Melanie,

Welcome! I'm in Maryland, too. Where do you and your dogs go for herding lessons?

Regards,

nancy

Nice to meet you, Nancy. I have a good friend up in Frederick and my aunt and uncle over in Mt. Airy who let me use their sheep for practice. So far, no official herding classes to speak of (I couldn't find any in the area!). Do you teach any classes or know someone who does? I'd love to do something more official... after all, there is only so much one can learn from reading.

Hi again Melanie,

I don't give lessons, as I really don't have the time (dreaded day job!). But, there are a few people in this area that I would recommend for lessons, and there are training clinics in this area, as well. I'll send you some information privately.

nancy

Welcome from another Marylander! I live just N of Baltimore, and have a dog who takes lessons on sheep out Mt. Airy way. I'm sure Nancy has already given you good advice on instructors and clinics. The only thing I wanted to add is to be sure to come out and spectate at local USBCHA-sanctioned trials - you can learn a lot that way. (It's also a good way to get to know potential trainers). And the community is VERY friendly! The NEBCA association newsletter (online) usually posts dates of upcoming trials.

Welcome! You have a good looking bunch there! Ace is going to be a pretty boy.

Hi All! I'm new to this forum. My name is Melanie. My fiance and I have lived with Border collies for just about two years now :) it certainly feels like much longer. Figured I'd introduce myself (and the dogs!).

This is Cooper. He's my dad's dog and for all intents and purposes, he's the reason my fiance and I became BC people. He'll be two next week.

031911%252520006.jpg

This is our first Border, Colby (with a dirty face!). She is Cooper's 1/2 sister (same mother, different father). She's a little over a year old. She does agility, herding, flyball, obedience and frisbee. I love her like a child. :)

112411%252520080.JPG

Here's our newest addition, Ace. He's 10 weeks old today. Once he's a bit older, he'll start obedience and herding.

012012_0011.JPG

We live in Maryland... about 20 miles north of DC.

Welcome i luv this forum have learned alot your dogs are very pretty (even if we are not to go on looks with BCs they are pretty)

Archived