BC Boards

Buying Dog Food Online

Does anyone buy their food online. I have two dogs, I know many of you have multiple dogs households, and feed them Taste of the Wild. There can be sizable savings and free shipping if you buy online. Anyone have any experience with this and if so any company they are happy with.

post-6683-000866400 1326530300_thumb.png

I have never found TOTW cheaper on line. If you do let me know!

Tractor Supply has it on sale this week for 44.00

I look for coupons but rarely find them when I need them.

Expensive but I just did an experiment and changed foods to a bit less expensive with similar ingredients. After about 3 bags, it was a huge FAIL. All the dogs coats look horrid, with TOTW they were beautiful. Plus my seniors were not doing near as good. Raven (about 12yo) just about quit eating.

Everyone is happy I decided to switch back.

TOTW is $41+tax at my local store and have never seen it come that close online. I would think shipping alone would be costly unless you found a place with free shipping or you bought a certain amount ($200+ order or so). I too would love to know if you can find a high quality food cheaper online!

I've started buying from Doggiefood.com. Don't know about the TOTW prices, but they've had some good prices on The Honest Kitchen (pricey, but it's gotten Kenzi's digestive issues under control) and they've had free shipping for orders over $49.99 for the past few months.

ETA - TOTW is $49.99 at doggiefood.com.

im looking into buying dog food online also, really not that best of food around here, Taste Of The Wild is a 4 hr drive and if i can find that online for a good price im gonna start getting it. or if i can find a food that is as good or better around this area that would help alot. was gonna start ordering a 30lb bag of Taste Of The Wild from 1800petmeds beacsaue i already have shippments from there 2 ish times a month and was just thinking about adding that for $56.99 but they do also price match places online so if i can find a ncie good prices one alone then ill just price match it and still order if from petmeds, free shipping also

i agee, one of my dogs thought I was torturing her when I was feeding raw. Believe it or not, she would hold out for kibble or take hours to pick at her raw. It just wasn't worth it for her. But some of my other dogs looked great and did wonderfully on raw. Wish I could afford it now.

Here's another reason raw can't work for every dog: I have to feed Kit from a toy or by hand to slow her down. It's pretty hard to feed raw that way, especially without making a huge mess.

It's not TOTW, but I recently bought Go for $1.37/lb at a local food co-op. They gave me a big discount for buying two bags and placing a special order. I'll keep buying it from them if they'll let me have it for that price! Maybe you can check around and ask about discounts for buying TOTW in bulk.

Here's another reason raw can't work for every dog: I have to feed Kit from a toy or by hand to slow her down. It's pretty hard to feed raw that way, especially without making a huge mess.

Lol! All you have to do is feed it frozen :)

My dog doesn't always do well on raw either. I tried many things and tried slowly upping the amount but several times he would go 2 full days with diarrhea. As in, every hour he NEEDED to go out. It was awful to watch him suffer. Kibble is predictable and he still gets a little raw cause it does wonders for cleaning his teeth.

Thanks for all of the help from everyone. I went to the Tractor Supply store on Friday on the way home from my herding lesson. I wanted to get in the lesson before the snow storm hit NJ. I got a 30 lb bag of TOTW for $42. It was on special, normally $46. That's still a lot better than paying list price like I had been. In NJ things are very expensive and, as I'm sure you know we are being taken over by the "box" pet stores. They are no bargain! I feel much better about the amount I'm spending now.

post-6683-048016000 1327237217_thumb.png

doggiefood.com has good prices, I buy locally from them so no shipping. I think I paid $46.00 for a 30lb bag of Blue Buffalo, at the local Petco it is $56.00 and my local independent no longer carries it. (currently the only reasonably priced decent food that agrees with one of my dogs)

Their warehouse is clean and huge with a mind numbing amount of premium dog food, that I only wish I could afford. I have also found them very helpful.

Archived