BC Boards

It's Christmas!

So I went shopping today for stocking stuffers....that includes the canine stockings. Came home with a big bag of treats and toys. THE DOGS WERE OUTSIDE AND DID NOT SEE ME BRING THE STUFF IN. So it took Kylie only minutes upon entering my bedroom to figure out that the bag way up on the dresser shelves and very much out of her reach has the Christmas presents in it. This dog LOVES Christmas. She gets all excited when I get the stockings out and hang them up. She remembers from the year before and knows what goes in there. So now, as I type, she is in the bedroom, sitting and staring at that bag way up there, and making little whine sounds. Oops. She just came in and boofed at me and ran back to the spot....she WANTS that bag. So just like when the kids were little, I have to literally HIDE the doggie presents from her (evidently in a room where she has no access.) Thought we'd gotten away from that when the kids grew up! :lol:

:lol: That's too funny.

I hide the dog's Christmas presents with the grooming tools because they never check there... until this year. Now they all gather around when I reach for the drawer.

I had to hide Fergie's gifts on the top shelf in the closet in my office. On Christmas morning she was first down the stairs at the closed door to the den - with the tree, stockings, and presents. She hated having to take her morning walk before she could get in there. We're going to miss that this year.

I had to hide Fergie's gifts on the top shelf in the closet in my office. On Christmas morning she was first down the stairs at the closed door to the den - with the tree, stockings, and presents. She hated having to take her morning walk before she could get in there. We're going to miss that this year.

Scooter loved Christmas and would get all excited when we hung his stocking, and he knew which one was his. He would look longingly at it till Christmas morning when we took it down and let him get all his goodies out; wrapped, no less. It was such fun watching him unwrap his gifts with those talented paws. He was so appreciative; it was like he was saying, "Oh! It's just what I wanted!" :rolleyes: We will hang his stocking again this year, in his memory, and add Daniel's to the fireplace, but it won't be the same.

Archived