BC Boards

Give your dog a hug, you just never know

Some friends lost their 3 year old lab mix after he broke his neck. The father had been outside setting up the Christmas decorations, turned the lights on, over amped boys and dog came charging out, Monty ran into a tree and becoming paralyzed in the back end. There was nothing the vets could do for him.

One of my friends lost her 4 year old border collie while working sheep. She ran through a dip and broke her neck. Freak accidents occur. Hug those doggies!

Cynthia

Indeed.

The future is no place to place your better days.

Oh, how terrible! That's so, so unbearably awful. Another gal I know lost her dog to a similar accident. Dogs playing like they always did, a couple collided, one ended up with a broken back. Absolutely breaks my heart.

I had a scare a couple months ago when my Nick did something - NO idea what, possibly his sister ran into him - and he came up to the house walking like a little old man. Turns out his lower back was tweaked, between his hips and the dock of his tail. He's okay, now, but ... sure makes one think.

Going to hug my dogs, now. :(

~ Gloria

I know about freak accidents.

There are 9 long stemmed roses currently hanging on my wall. One to represent myself and each of my siblings. Above them all is one rose cut close to the bud. That one rose represents my younger brother who died in a freak accident this year, just three days after he turned 24.

Excuse me now. I have to go cry in my dogs' fur...

Condolences to all above. I know too. I never thought when I went to the park ten years ago with my 7 year old Doberman bitch that she wouldn't be trotting at my side on the way home. She was running along a flat stretch of grass after a tennis ball and simply dropped dead in mid-stride. I brought her home in a shopping cart that was sitting on the street. She was the best dog I had ever had.

This is one reason I sing a lullabye to Sugarfoot every night at bedtime. If "the big one" comes and the house falls on us and squishes us, we'll at least float away on a happy note.

Can only second that..... I 3 yrs ago, day off work, beautiful spring day, decide to take my husky Monti for a nice long walk. We'd been out nearly 3hrs. I return using a path that runs along the back of my village, Monti was wondering around down below the path, sniffing etc. I keep on walking, then I look back and see that Monti is wobbling and keeps stopping, I ran back to him, and he was shaking, was having difficulty staying on his feet, difficulty breathing, and foam coming out of his mouth, typical.. I didn't have my mobile phone with me..... so I half carried, half dragged him, til I was near the road, then layed him down and ran as fast as I could, back home to get OH and the car, I'll never forget Monts look as I left him.....

Got back to Monti within around 5 mins, he was still breathing.... just, oh and I carried him to the car, me driving and OH in the back with Monti.. 30 hellish km with Monti in the back, he died by the time we got to the vets, strychine poisoning.....

so thats my own sad story.......... so give them lots of love...........

This is one reason I sing a lullabye to Sugarfoot every night at bedtime. If "the big one" comes and the house falls on us and squishes us, we'll at least float away on a happy note.

That is why I always kissed the top of Scooter's head, told him "Goodnight, sweet boy. Mama loves you. Sleep good. I'll see you in the morning." They can be gone in a heartbeat. :(

Archived