BC Boards

Meet Ben

Ben just came right from the farm in Brookfield, NY, he is 8 weeks old. Came from working stock parents. I got to meet the mom and dad. He has or will have USBCC registration papers.

I had the pick of the liter of 8 pups 6 males and 2 females.

ben01.jpg

Sweet! Makes me want to reach into the screen and cuddle him! Best wishes for a long and happy partnership.

I think you mean ABCA papers. ABCA is the registry, USBCHA is the handler's association, this page will give you the rundown on associations.

I must have it wrong, i know was $25 for the registration fee

He is totally cute!

Registration (or transfer of ownership) with ABCA is $11 (plus $10 for membership - I think you have to be a member at least in the calendar year that you register or transfer a dog/pup).

USBCC is the United States Border Collie Club, the organization that maintains these boards and provides information about the Border Collie. It is worthy of our support!

ENJOY your pup!

He is totally cute!

Registration (or transfer of ownership) with ABCA is $11 (plus $10 for membership - I think you have to be a member at least in the calendar year that you register or transfer a dog/pup).

USBCC is the United States Border Collie Club, the organization that maintains these boards and provides information about the Border Collie. It is worthy of our support!

ENJOY your pup!

That must be why he said $25 he did get my name and address for the forms

Ben gets a new house. Got the large and a new bed. Hopefully he will fit when full grown, though will need a larger bed pad

benhouse.jpg

Gosh he's cute - and he looks very comfy - I fell for the same style pet dish. The dog puts pressure on the attachment "thingee" and it snaps off. It didn't last very long. I actually snapped the second one off trying to slide it back on after cleaning the dish.

Search Amazon for a metal food dish that comes with a frame that hooks onto the crate. Easy on and off for cleaning and it has held up well. The stainless steel flat sided water buckets with hooks on them for hanging on the crate door are also highly recommended - a bit pricey but worth it!

http://www.dog-training.com/bgbbowls.htm#Flat%20Sided%20Stainless%20Steel%20Pail (Scroll down)

They are cheaper on Amazon but you have to buy a dog clip to hang them on the crate...not a bad idea, holds them more securely.

Liz

a couple better pics of Ben in his new house, i used my camera this time instead of cell phone.

Cuter and cuter... As for a mat, someone on the boards gave me this tip Brodie's crate came to me with a stall mat cut down in it (friend's yard sale) but I had to do something for Robin's crate - he was a shredder and that bed in your photo wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes with Robin. Instead of buying an expensive rubber mat (i.e. the stall mats - if you only have just one crate, you're wasting a whole lot of money), buy a dump truck mud flap to trim and put in the crate... you will want to leave it outside to get the "new" out of it out for a while before you put it in there but it has worked beautifully.

Archived