BC Boards

River

At Azrescue.org. Located on the east side of Phoenix if I remember right. (Looks like a nice fella.)

http://www.azrescue....1&id=1025149851

Not an endorsement of them however. Filled out a long, quite personal form to adopt a certain dog about 7/8 years ago only to be told the fosters were keeping her.

At Azrescue.org. Located on the east side of Phoenix if I remember right. (Looks like a nice fella.)

http://www.azrescue....1&id=1025149851

Not an endorsement of them however. Filled out a long, quite personal form to adopt a certain dog about 7/8 years ago only to be told the fosters were keeping her.

Really? You won't endorse them because of that? So you spent maybe the better part of an hour filling out a piece of paper. The foster family spent days..maybe months, housebreaking, vetting, feeding, training, loving a dog and in the end they decided maybe they loved this dog too much and he just seemed to be a part of them. Maybe this time instead of going through the heartbreak of giving them up to a good home, they might keep him. Bad Bad people.. Bad Bad rescue..

I'm sorry everyone. I usually don't get this way, but this just hit a nerve.

I hope River gets a home.

Really? You won't endorse them because of that? So you spent maybe the better part of an hour filling out a piece of paper. The foster family spent days..maybe months, housebreaking, vetting, feeding, training, loving a dog and in the end they decided maybe they loved this dog too much and he just seemed to be a part of them. Maybe this time instead of going through the heartbreak of giving them up to a good home, they might keep him. Bad Bad people.. Bad Bad rescue..

I'm sorry everyone. I usually don't get this way, but this just hit a nerve.

I hope River gets a home.

The gal I wanted was described as having been rescued the day before and being well adapted to everything except cats. I don't know if they actually kept her or that was the way they brushed off applicants who they deemed unacceptable. I gave them a ton of personal information I rarely give out. I don't endorse them because I knew little about them then and even less after 7/8 years so spare me your uninformed sanctimony. You hit a nerve too. Good luck to River thru this forum now. I hope you haven't cost him some chances.

It's one thing not to recommend a rescue because you're just not that familiar with them. That I can understand. It's another not to recommend them just because it was an inconvienience to fill out a long form, and then the dog was adopted. In this instance, my reaction would be that it was not meant to be for me, and I would be happy that the dog found a home. I can only go by what you wrote in your original post and that's what I responded to. I doubt if I cost River any chances. I was not the one who wrote something about the rescue that may have caused that.

Back to River. :)

He's about 4 yrs. old and very handsome! According to his description he walks well on leash, is housebroken, smart, outgoing and just loves everyone. However, he needs to be the only dog and is not cat friendly. The rescue's website has a rescue video section, where you can see a video of River taken when he was rescued.

post-8480-096176200 1316993566_thumb.jpg

post-8480-008823800 1316993598_thumb.jpg

Archived