BC Boards

Condolences

BustopherJones

Let me begin by apologizing for not having kept up with this section. Between computer problems and the aftermath of cancer treatments (which I am still undergoing), I simply have been out of touch. I now have a new computer, and for at least a few days (until my next treatment) I feel up to posting. I was devastated to come to this section and see how many loved ones have been lost during my hiatus. Instead of my trying to respond to each one individually, I hope you will accept this thought extended to all of you that I know are hurting. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. I offer this eulogy that Baby's Dad wrote for his beloved Zeke, perhaps the most eloquent tribute I have encountered. Take care, and be well.

Go in peace, my valiant friend.

Suffer no more; sweet sleep has come.

Be welcomed by our friends;

They have blazed a path for you to follow.

Wait patiently, for I will join you again,

Your keen vision restored to lead our way,

Strength renewed, for we shall journey forever.

I learned from your courage

In the waning of your days.

You fought bravely through the pain,

A whimper never passed,

Always by my side as I was by yours.

Your battle is over, our grieving begins,

As I lay you to rest

In the yard were we played.

Your place in my soul

will always remain filled.

So rest now in peace, my gallant companion,

Knowing how much I loved you

And will miss you at my side.

Nice to hear from you even if it's in your condolences.

I didn't know you were going through your own battles. Not as good at keeping up through little computer time anymore.

Please know that you too are in our prayers for a quick easy time of your treatments and recovery. So trying it can be for you right now.

Get well Bustopher.

Many hugs and prayers of support! And thank you for sending such a lovely poem for sorrowing hearts! What is the full name of the author? What a gift of a poem!

Bustopher, we are all sending your way good wishes and hopes for a full recovery!

Please keep up updated!

And thank you for sending such a lovely poem for sorrowing hearts! What is the full name of the author? What a gift of a poem!

Baby's Dad still posts on this board, but under a different nom de plume. I will leave it up to him if he would like to identify himself to you through an IM.

Thank you all for your well-wishes. The prognosis is very good, so I plan to continue to participate for quite some time (or at least for as much time as my advanced age allows). :P

I want to add my thoughts and best wishes to the many others that are coming your way, Bustopher. You have been a source of comfort for so many here. Hang in there through the bad stuff, and keep looking forward to all the hockey games and bass fishing still to come. :)

Archived