BC Boards

Reno

Jeri Jessee

Lost my precious Reno after a 5 month battle with pancreatitis and other issues. He was 15. I could not bear for him to be sick any longer.

Reno was my very first dog of my own (as opposed to the "family dog"). I drove 3 hours to East Texas to get him and named after a country song on the way home. He was smart as a whip, one of those dogs that you could see "thinking". Almost human-like. He was a one person dog, not really interested in being friends with anyone else although he mellowed some in his old age. He could do it all---put the cows in the barn or simply lay at my feet. As long as he was with me, he was happy.

Rest in peace, my sweet boy. A true and faithful friend.

post-12533-075080600 1312832457_thumb.jpg

So sorry for the loss of your beloved friend, Reno. I understand what you mean when you say he was almost human like. {{hugs}}

Thanks all of you. He was so special. It was so hard to let him go, but I had a wonderful and supportive vet who helped me make the decision. I have no doubt he is herding all the cows in Heaven and I'm glad to know he is free from all his ailments.

I didn't think I could love another dog after him but the new puppy is helping to ease the pain. And she was born on his birthday so that gives me comfort as well.

He was kind of funny. He was not aggressive towards others and would tolerate any situation he was put in but really just didn't care about being friends with other people. It even took about two weeks for him to engage with me when I brought him home (he was about 4 months old). Hated going places like PetSmart where people would want to pet him. Would not even take a treat from a stranger and if someone spoke to him, he would look at me first almost as if he wanted to see if it was ok.

He had the most intense stare of any dog I have ever owned and would absolutely put a hole thru you. One of the few times that Reno would stay in the same room with a stranger was when a date would come over. He would stand in front of the guy and stare at him. Quite disconcerting!

Archived