BC Boards

Prayers and more needed for Diane's Tess

Quick note as I am working, more tonight

My fingers are getting better...the left hand finger is healed and no damage. On right hand, I found a bruising and possible bonne frature on the palm, right next to the middle finger. No surgery but healing. The index (the you use to point?) had a vein puntires...it took a few days for that to heal and stop. it is quite sore and a huge bruise...it is on top of the finger, next to the top of the hand. On that same finger on the second joint is another puncture, deep but healing.

The bad one is the ring right finger on the top, on top of the second joint. It mught have bone or ligament/tendon damage. It stil is swollen (and I ice it) and I cannot hardly bend it. Part of the treatment is to bend it so it won't stiffen. We hope there is only sever bruising and not damamge. Time will tell.

On the bright side, I was banned from using the right hand so the spouse gets to carry eveything for me....like the dinner dishes. Went to Dr again yesterday and everything is looking good, just waiting for it to heal.

....oh, the boss wants some work so gotta go...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tess was so-so on eating tonight. Janet Thorpe came over and bought some local pizza...soon, Tess's nose started moving and twitching and she gave me the pitiful eyes...and I gave her some crust...her front canine is busted to the root level and hard for her to chew (we will pull it out when she is recovered)...but she slowly ate the pizza crust...and we gave her more....then Janet gave her salami and pepperoni....I busted up the crust in bire size pieces.

Tess was in heaven as she always only get a LITTLE PIECE of pizza crust and she hit the motherlode tonight...later she ate about 1 cup of dog food....what I do see, that she is eating wiht more vigor and tiny bit more each day.

She went pee and poop today and walking more....each day I see better progress....

I will post pix this weekend....it won't be pretty but I will take Tess in her half naked glory...

Tess says she appreciates all of your prayers, kisses and love!

It's great to hear she is doing so much better - sounds like she's feeling good enough to put on the old Tess ("pitiful eyes") and clean up at mealtime. Aren't you fortunate she shared some pizza with you?

Yay for Tess...and you and Getty! I'm so happy for you all :) Tess...sounds like she knows how to get what she wants - my dad always said he could never resist - as he called it 'those sorrowful eyes'...then he would feed my old Brandy and his Shadow, whatever he was eating :)

Half-naked or not, those pix will be beautiful! Just think of the beautiful soul that dog has! Glad to hear she's well enough to enjoy pizza crusts and that your hand is improving. Continued prayers, mojo and best wishes being sent your way.

She almost gave me heart failure this morning...i put her out to go potty, then realized I left my coffee inside so stepped inside to grab it and went back out and she was GONE.....no Tess, anywhere.

I spilled my coffee in a panic and ran all over the front lawn looking for her, thinking she fell in the bushes or a ditch....NO, she waited until I went back in the house, she made a break for the barn....she trotted down there to steal the kitty food. I heard the barn dogs bark so ran down there and there she was......thinking how to climb up on the barrel to get the kitty food. She saw me and then trotted quickly up to the house, and knew she was busted.

Obviously, she is feeling much better

:lol: :lol:

Good news!

You know, it sounds like Maggie the cow dog in the "Help Find the Scum That Did This" thread is recovering from injuries not unlike Tess's. Organs pushed up into the chest cavity, and so on, plus broken leg. It's pretty amazing the kind of injuries these tough little dogs can recover from.

About gave me a shock when I saw this back up on top! Had just read your blog about her continued recovery. And I don't read many blogs! Glad she is feeling well enough to go off and get in trouble already.

Yep, sneaking cat food - a sure sign of feeling better :) It's nice to read the positive updates :) I hope your fingers are improving as quickly at Tess seems to be :)

and there she was......thinking how to climb up on the barrel to get the kitty food. She saw me and then trotted quickly up to the house, and knew she was busted.

Obviously, she is feeling much better

Sounds like she is definitely on the mend - she'll be ordering her own pizza soon!

Archived