BC Boards

Prayers and more needed for Diane's Tess

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane's story is impressive too, for those that do not know. She has gone through multiple heart surgeries and with Tess by her side recovered to work and trial again.

She is also a gifted writer and has a fantastic blog.

Go Tess!!!

Keeping fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for her. So glad she can have her pink piggy. I know how much something like that has meant t me in similar circumstances.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers as God heard ya'll and granted the wishes.

Tess was able to walk into the exam room tonight and looked 150% better. Still weak, mainly in the back. Going pee and walking slow. She ate about a tablespoon of cat food (the junky stuff she adores and steals from the cats)

She was responsive to us and wagged her tail. Her eyes were clear and focussed. She did the pitiful whte rimmed eyes at Getty when she was to be put back in her holding pen as she wanted to go with him.

She snuggled and when I talked to her, put her head up. She really was happy to see us and she loves to get her pets. She would nudge my hand if I quit.

So far she is looking good. She has made it past the 48 hr mark. The bad is her back legs have edema and she is not recovering as quick as they want BUT she is 13 yrs old and not a pry 2 yrs old. No complications from the injury. No broken bones or internal bleeding.

She really looked bad but good, if you know what I mean. Lots of fluid in her lower belly and legs but this becausse her protein level has dropped.

But Tess is a tough gal and she is not ready to meet her maker yet. Her work in not yet done here as she is helping me write a book.

Will update tomorrow...thanks again.

Oh geez, I was so busy this weekend that I didn't get on the boards at all and am just seeing this now. I apologize for the delay in sending mojo, but you are getting lots of it from me and my gang now for Tess's continued recovery.

We've been following the progress reports and are gratified to hear Tess is improving - never so happy to hear that a dog I've never met is peeing and pooing. ;) Remember to take care of yourself, Diane, so you can care for her.

Diane, in this case I think Tess will be willing to let you have the couch, she'll want the bed, the pillows, room service, etc. You know how it is with border collies, they love to get things organized! Prayers for all of you.

Archived