BC Boards

Modogomy....

And it does get old having to push three dogs over so I can get a sliver of space in my own bed. Pip is the worst offender. You'd think the fact that I make him move every night would finally sink in and he'd start out on his side to begin with, but apparently his brain doesn't work that way.

J.

The rule here is if a dog disturbs my sleep /takes up too much space, they're onthe floor. They have become awesome at sleping on the bed in their own corners :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and how about the muddy foot prints at human eye level on the front door?

Hello? Anyone?

Oh. Well ... I guess none of ya'll have borderjacks ;-)

Sometimes I can't even get the front door open because of the multi-coloured wave of dog pushing against it, trying to get it to open the wrong way.

RDM

Exactly what it's like (and here I thought I was just unable to instill a calm approach because I can't get no respect).

I think this is one of those "choose your battles" things. Sometimes I get annoyed and make them behave at the door, but in the grand scheme of things, as long as they don't damage me or themselves (and I make sure the old dogs are out of the way), I just let it go.

As for the hardwood floors, I haven't noticed, though I do have runners down for Jill (who won't walk on the hardwood), so maybe that's protecting against scratches.

J.

The rule here is if a dog disturbs my sleep /takes up too much space, they're onthe floor. They have become awesome at sleping on the bed in their own corners :lol:

Cerb has learned this well. All the fosters slept at the foot of the bed..except Max, who would not be denied.

They don't disturb me once we're all in bed and headed to sleep. It's getting *in* to the bed that's the issue! ;)

J.

ha ha ha. My little farm house is like 600 square feet or something ridiculous. They're all crammed under my desk all the time anyway.

RDM

What is it with that, anyway? My two, having reached full size and filled out -- Robin anyway -- Brodie is very lean - have suddenly decided the space under my desk is their "cave".

^^LOl! Sometimes I feel like I'm being swept along in a mosh pit when I head to the door. And it does get old having to push three dogs over so I can get a sliver of space in my own bed. Pip is the worst offender. You'd think the fact that I make him move every night would finally sink in and he'd start out on his side to begin with, but apparently his brain doesn't work that way.

This is clearly genetic, as his brother and I also have this same discussion. Every. Night.

Yeah, and how about the muddy foot prints at human eye level on the front door?

Hello? Anyone?

Oh. Well ... I guess none of ya'll have borderjacks ;-)

Yeah... I have June footprints at average female human eye level next to my back door. This is where Junie sproings every morning.

Some days I get annoyed at wading through the sea of dogs - but more often than not I don't even notice. But we're talking adding just ONE more dog, right? Right? B)

What is it with that, anyway? My two, having reached full size and filled out -- Robin anyway -- Brodie is very lean - have suddenly decided the space under my desk is their "cave".

My husband reckons we could all live in an RV or boat considering the amount of time 2 humans 2 dogs spend in what seems the area of a sheet of plywood.

Mr Snappy - did you decide to keep Spring? Borderjacks aren't that bad to live with :)

And yes I have footprints and noseprints above my eye level. They are closer to my husband's eye level and those are from the borderjack and youngest cattledog. BOING, BOING, BOING!!!

I am not sure what having 1 dog is like any more. For that matter, I am not sure what 2 or 3 feels like. I do believe that many dogs are happier if they have a companion or 4... oh wait - if we go by board rules I only have 3 dogs and not 5 - toy poodle and 13 yr old acd don't count.

If you are thinking of getting another dog and your current dog loves a certain temperament in a friend more than another temperament you could always try to find something similar but you won't really know the temperament if you get a puppy.

My husband reckons we could all live in an RV or boat considering the amount of time 2 humans 2 dogs spend in what seems the area of a sheet of plywood.

He's very correct -- and I forgot the cat, taking advantage of vertical space. :). Sitting on the desk. Peering down from the headboard...always lurking...

Liz

Archived