BC Boards

Prayers for Lacee

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yayyyy for Lacee! I am so happy that she is feeling soooo much better. I just woke up myself, hahaha! and ran to the computer first thing :rolleyes: and my happy brain forgot my migraine, instantly, tee-hee! Eluane is sitting in the corner giving her sympathies to Lacee about being hauled off in her Mama's arms. <_< . Eluane hates being carted off - sort of the "LET ME DOWN!!!" She always looks so embarrassed....like a kid whose Mom suddenly shows up to class, ;) Anyway, Bless on this FANTASTIC news with Lacee! Soon she will be as good as new! Yipeee!!!!!!

What a good, strong and brave girl. Good for you, Lacee!!! I have not been able to check in as often as I would like, but I have been thinking of you so much. I am continuing to send you all my best thoughts and good mojo for a fast recovery.

way to go, Lacee, you lovely girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D'Elle :D

Lacee is home....Yay!!! She started crying the minute she saw me. She made these little moaning, crying sounds that broke my heart. She wouldn't stop. She's never done that before, probably because she's always happy. I hope this didn't traumatize her. And now, she won't let me out of her sight. I love her so much! :wub: Can't believe how close we came to losing her and now she's home.

You all have so absolutely wonderful and I am very grateful for all the support. It's been a long week, I'm an emotional wreck right now. :wacko: Thanks for being here for me through all this.

And, tomorrow, Lacee will be going with me to pick up her Daddy from the airport. That's her absolute favorite thing to do.

Awwww, what a Sweetheart Lacee is! :wub: :wub: And now she is home free and gets to see the Dada SOON!!!! Hurry and celebrations for Lacee and the family! What a joyful car ride this will be too! Yaaaaaay!

My Lacee girl did wonderful today! The main worry is infection and getting her to eat and drink. She was a very good girl and ate a few small meals. Made me so happy. But she won't drink, so I'm using a big syringe thingy and forcing her to drink. She got to go with me to pick her daddy up at the airport! She perks right up when he's around. Can you say Daddy's girl? LOL! I think in a few days she'll be good as new! Breathing my first real sigh of relief.

Still waiting on the biopsy report. I'll let you all know when I find out. I just keep thinking of the size of that thing. Amazing!

All of you that live in areas where there is extreme heat, try to stay cool! Here, it's been crazy hot. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 105 - 115, with heat index 115 - 125. The humidity is so thick, you just can't breath outside.

Just checking in to see the good news! So glad to see our/your prayers answered! I hope Lacee will continue to improve and be back to her old self, soonest. Having Daddy home should be a great morale boost to her, too. :)

BTW, I know about the piteous crying thing. Years ago, we had a dog spayed at about 2 years old, and when we picked her up, she spent the whole drive home telling us ALL about it! We felt like such a bad mommy and daddy, but with a little spoiling, she was soon over it. :P

Thank God for the good news! :)

~ Gloria

To get her to drink, try adding a little bit of broth to her water. We make broth cubes in ice cube trays. Handy to toss into rice or sauce. One melted in a little bowl with an equal amount of cold water was enough to entice a dog or cat. Then one in the water dish worked. Just don't leave it after she finishes as it is meat.

Archived