BC Boards

Hi! New Here.

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking for a little while since I found this site and thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm Jannah. I live in northeastern colorado with my husband, 4 yr old son, 4 cats, and 2- 4 legged kids Tinker, a 5 yr old Borador (Border collie/lab mix), and Dexter....a 3 month old red/white border that we got a month ago.

They are crazy together...but I love them.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

post-12259-050455300 1307473371_thumb.jpgpost-12259-059635100 1307473680_thumb.jpgpost-12259-014593400 1307473690_thumb.jpg

. . . 4 legged kids Tinker, a 5 yr old Borador (Border collie/lab mix), and Dexter....a 3 month old red/white border that we got a month ago.

Welcome!! I have a Border Collie/Lab mix among my crew, as well and I love her.

Greetings! At one time I also had a BC/lab mix - at least i think that was what she was since she was at the local pound, having been found at the side of the road with the rest of her litter. I adopted her ~30 years ago and later, when she was about 6 months old, someone asked me if she was a Border Collie. Hmmm - what's a Border Collie? I actually had to look up what a BC was - and I immediately wanted one someday. It took me 25 years before I felt I had the time and lifestyle and patience to bring one into my life.

Excuse me while I reminisce, but if I had known back then (30 years ago) just a fraction of what I now know, Lacey would have been an AWESOME dog. As it was, she was pretty incredible.

If your Borador (love the term, I had not yet heard that one) is anything like mine was, this site will be a great source of info for him/her in addition to your BC.

Again, Welcome to the site,

Jovi

Greetings! At one time I also had a BC/lab mix - at least i think that was what she was since she was at the local pound, having been found at the side of the road with the rest of her litter. I adopted her ~30 years ago and later, when she was about 6 months old, someone asked me if she was a Border Collie. Hmmm - what's a Border Collie? I actually had to look up what a BC was - and I immediately wanted one someday. It took me 25 years before I felt I had the time and lifestyle and patience to bring one into my life.

Excuse me while I reminisce, but if I had known back then (30 years ago) just a fraction of what I now know, Lacey would have been an AWESOME dog. As it was, she was pretty incredible.

If your Borador (love the term, I had not yet heard that one) is anything like mine was, this site will be a great source of info for him/her in addition to your BC.

Again, Welcome to the site,

Jovi

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Yes Tinker my Borador is an absolute doll. We adopted her from a local shelter @ 11 months old...her other family was moving and not able to take her with them....lucky for us :) They trained her very well. She is on the lower end of the active scale but when it is time to play or run it is on like donkey kong. She loves to watch tv...I sometimes think she is more human than dog.

We are still trying to figure out our little ones personality. He is catching on very quickly to obedience training.

I am in love with border collies. :)

OK, I like BLab too.

Which term should we use for our new designer dogs?? JUST KIDDING!

Jovi

WARNING: Side Conversation.

One of the reasons I'm really not a fan of the term "Borador" is that it's being used as the name for the "designer cross". While I'll be the first to admit that this is exactly how new breeds are started; take the best from one and mix with the best from another, I'll also say I hate the presentation of first generation, unproven dogs as a "new breed"...and then charging outrageous sums for them.

[/rant]

WARNING: Side Conversation.

One of the reasons I'm really not a fan of the term "Borador" is that it's being used as the name for the "designer cross". While I'll be the first to admit that this is exactly how new breeds are started; take the best from one and mix with the best from another, I'll also say I hate the presentation of first generation, unproven dogs as a "new breed"...and then charging outrageous sums for them.

[/rant]

Sorry if I offended you by using "Borador". I was not aware they were using it for the "designer cross". I just googled border collie lab mix, saw that name and thought it was cute.

Sorry if I offended you by using "Borador". I was not aware they were using it for the "designer cross". I just googled border collie lab mix, saw that name and thought it was cute.

ABSOLUTELY no offence taken. Sorry if it seemed so. No matter what he is or what he's called, I love my dog. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon (although I believe that term has been copyrighted by Donald McCaig) with strong opinions that I hand out like programs at a baseball game. Sorry.

Obedience training, learning manners, socialization - all the skills that will make your dog a joy to live with. It's never too early to start on sit, down, stay, loose-leash walking, not jumping on people, learning about the world outside the home environs, etc.

Enjoy!

PS - I'm another curmudgeon, and avoid the use of the designer dog "names". But I think Blab is kind of cute...

OK, I like BLab too.

Which term should we use for our new designer dogs?? JUST KIDDING!

Jovi

I call Maddie my Border Collie Lab Mutt. I like to fully acknowledge both breeds that make her the fantastic dog that she is.

I'll have to tell her she's a designer dog now. That will please her. Of course she has known all along that she's priceless.

Dexter is super cute. Love the ears!

But I think Blab is kind of cute...

On that side subject, the predominant mutt in the shelters around here up from Mexico used to be a shepherdy-labby type dog that some people called a "schlab." :D

Archived