BC Boards

If only I had a camera...

Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work, a thuderstorm rolled through very quickly. I happened to be in the shower as a clap of thunder was heard. Next thing I know, the shower curtain is going crazy. I pull it back to see Izzy standing on the otherside.

She then proceeded to climb into the shower with me! This is a dog who HATES the tub. Bath time to her might as well mean she's going to the electric chair. I hadn't finished my shower so she stood there getting soaked. I just wanted a picture of her standing in the shower it looked so out of place! I never knew something could be so funny and pathetic at the same time! :P

Poor thing. Hating T-Storms is a new thing for her. She never minded them in the past, and she's just a touch over two years old now.

Tim

Just this morning, as I was getting ready for work, a thuderstorm rolled through very quickly. I happened to be in the shower as a clap of thunder was heard. Next thing I know, the shower curtain is going crazy. I pull it back to see Izzy standing on the otherside.

She then proceeded to climb into the shower with me! This is a dog who HATES the tub. Bath time to her might as well mean she's going to the electric chair. I hadn't finished my shower so she stood there getting soaked. I just wanted a picture of her standing in the shower it looked so out of place! I never knew something could be so funny and pathetic at the same time! :P

Poor thing. Hating T-Storms is a new thing for her. She never minded them in the past, and she's just a touch over two years old now.

Tim

Sounds like a perfect time for a bath! (that's where Cerb gets his)

Bummer about the thunder fear...of course I've heard the bath tub is one of the places you want to be if a tornado comes. Perhaps she's smarter than you think? :P

Now's a good time to start doing things to make storms "fun"....

and perhaps trying some melatonin or a Thundershirt.

the bathroom and tub feel grounded.

there have been a number of threads regarding dogs with storm issues, you may want to take a look. It tends to get worse unless there's some intervention....

My 5 year old dog was not afraid of anything until he turned 4. Then he became thunderphobic (and developed separation anxiety as well). He'd keep me up at night during a storm, walking all over me in bed and was inconsolable. I highly recommend the thundershirt! I've had great success with it! It would probably be a good idea to do some counter-conditioning during storms as well--yummy treats every time there is a thunderclap.

Aw, poor girl! It's quite odd that she'd do that, I think, but rather funny as well. Animals are a little odd--particularly Border Collies, I've found! It's just that they're so intelligent, that's all. ;)

Anyways, we have a dog - well, she's not ours necessarily; it's a long story - that is absolutely terrified of thunder and storms. She has this insane fear of them. However, she's had it for as long as I've known her; we think it stems from being left out during one, perhaps, by her "real" owner (haha) or maybe because she sort of resided in a garage and that might echo a lot of scary noises--for a dog, at least. She's actually a BC mix herself.

Archived