BC Boards

Well we where trying to find a dog who would be an in between Rhett(15 week old BC) and Brody(17 month old Pug mix) as Brody can be, well QUITE lazy and of course Rhett is the TOTAL opposite!:D

So I posted an add looking for a slightly older BC who was looking for a new home...I was emailed by a newly divorced man who had a 4 year old ABCA, BC who is now confined to small living quarters and has no dog friends because of the divorce.

He is altered and great with dogs, cats and kids!:)

We met him this morning at a dog park that was in between our two areas(we are nearly 3 hours away from were they live) Rhett and "Leo" hit it of right away!:D Brody was also perfectly fine with him, rather liking him, which was a shock as he is a snob!LOL Well we rought him home for a long weekend trial, but I dont see him going back!HAHAHA

He WAS on Ol'Roy so his coat isnt the best, but I can SOO see what a stunner he is going to be in a few months on a good diet!:D

And now pictures!:D

Happy boy coming home:

952e9836.jpg

Rhett and Leo playing:

b508ae7f.jpg

Tired Boy coming home:

img1306618547758.jpg

Trying to get Rhett to play:

f6f0a9c9.jpg

And of course...Rhett!:D

f21661ea.jpg

How wonderful - I just love how Leo wants to play with Rhett. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Thank you for giving a great home to this boy, and helping his previous owner to provide him a better situation.

Very best wishes!

Thank you all!:D Ive replied to everyone twice now, but UGH they keep disappearing!! :huh::angry:<_<

ANYWAYS!!

Thank you all!:) Yes he is getting along VERY well with Rhett!:) According to his previous owner he hadn't been around puppies for at least 2 years, but he is SO good with Rhett!:) He lets him pull on his ears, tail, collar, smack him in his face and stand on top of him while he is sleeping!!LOL

The man who had him loved him very much, but sadly just wasnt educated in proper feeding and such(he is one of those people who called "pedigree, on of the good foods". :unsure::blink: ) But I am SO glad that he loved him enough to wait on rehoming him until he could find the perfect hom!:D

and HAHAHA, Oh yes! Brody, the Puggie, is SOO glad to only have to be playing with Rhett for about 1/4 of the time!HAHAH

What a wonderful way to find the perfect friend! I love the idea of meeting at the dog park and the long weekend. Looks like a wonderful match and they are both of course very handsome boys! Congrats on another new member of the family and welcome to the club of border collie addiction!

What a wonderful way to find the perfect friend! I love the idea of meeting at the dog park and the long weekend. Looks like a wonderful match and they are both of course very handsome boys! Congrats on another new member of the family and welcome to the club of border collie addiction!

Thank you!:) Yes the dog park, although in the back woods, was VERY cool as there were about 10 other dogs there, but when they heard that we were trying to figure out if we were going to take Leo home or not they took them on the trails and allowed us to have the open area to ourselves!:D And yes, the weekend....well I think we just got lucky on the dates!AHAHA

LOVE the new dog! I have a huge weakness for split-faced dogs and also for one blue eye, and those ears are adorable! How could you resist him? I am delighted to hear that he and the pup get along so well. congrats, and wishing you all the best with them.

D'Elle

Awesome story. And what a neat crew you have.

Thank you!:) We have had LOTS of fun this weekend, even had my best friend and Brody's sister over yesterday for fun, and the 4 of them had a TON of fun! :lol:

LOVE the new dog! I have a huge weakness for split-faced dogs and also for one blue eye, and those ears are adorable! How could you resist him? I am delighted to hear that he and the pup get along so well. congrats, and wishing you all the best with them.

D'Elle

HAHA, yes his face is VERY hard to resist!:D

And thank you!:) Yes all 3 boys are getting along VERY well!:) He was SOO excited when I woke the puppies up this morning it was cute!:D (They sleep in their crates while he has decided that the couch is his at night!;))

Archived