BC Boards

How many of you find yourselfs doing this?

Natalie! Riven is the same way about sulking!!! If you go for a drive anywhere and leave here there she sits there and sulks when you come back. I stood outside once and watched her through the crack in my curtains. She stood by the door the whole time staring at it as if willing it to open. LOL :rolleyes:

WOW! Everything I read here is so much at home! I tell people how chena can read my mind, and they look at me as if I should be put away! Different shoes, different clothes, or even the way I walk around the house, she knows just what I am up to. One time I thought I would change the place where I would put on my walking shoes, I did closed the door, waited for about an hour, and went in to wear them, when I opened the door, there she was, sitting in front of it with her leash. I never mentioned the word or anything, can she read my mind, I ask you? of course she can! I could go on and on about other things, but I won't, just ewanted to share this one, this breed is FANTASTIC! and I love them!

Don't even say the word "squirrel" when we're out for a walk, or you'll lose your arms - whether they've seen it our not and every tree could possibly hold this treasure! It's now "the brown fuzzy thing with the bushy tail" on the branch. And the shoe thing - doesn't matter what pair I put on, Kate is always bumping me while I'm doing it.

Originally posted by katendarby:

And the shoe thing - doesn't matter what pair I put on, Kate is always bumping me while I'm doing it.

Didn't you know, humans are not able to tie their shoes properly without help? :rolleyes: Looking at the funny knots we use, it's understandable why they'd think they know a better (faster) way...I need "help" putting my socks and trousers on, too. T-shirts etc are out of her reach but she watches with a critical eye.

Anything involving the c-a-t needs to be kept secret round here.

Sometimes she picks the wrong word out of a sentence, though. Out on our walks, I often tell her "Schau, da kommt ein Hund" (Look, there's a dog coming). She knows what "Hund" means, but sometimes when I try to get her to look at something else ("Schau mal...") she goes spinning in circles looking for the dog who dares to be invisible ( :mad: !) to her majesty :D .

I knew a family who had a smart Malamute. They went from spelling w-a-l-k to spelling out "ambulate" and "stroll" and "promenade" and last I knew they were taking the dog for his "chinese cooking implement"

In my house, as long as I say it fast, I can still get away with "flyingdisk", but I am trying to come up with new words for p-a-r-k.

Oh yes, and Jes does seem to be able to read my mind. I don't even have to say anything or go toward the door or put on my shoes.......he *knows* when I am thinking that it is time to go to the park for flyingdisc play. :rolleyes:

It's not ALL bad stuff. DH used to teach a class around 11am. He'd always call me at 11:50 to tell me he was on his way and to put the dogs away so we could go to lunch. I'd always end the call with "see ya in a bit."

At which point Marzipan would run into the shop and hop into her crate and sit - waiting for her treat. She'd forget that she has to go out and potty first! Then go into the crate for her treat.

Had an ESP moment yesterday. Working on the computer and I thought - I need to go to the hardware store to get some brass screws. As SOON AS I THOUGHT THAT, Marzipan was up and at the door. (we take 1 dog to the hardware store every time we go.)

I didn't do ANYTHING else other than THINK that I might go. Jeez. That was very freaky.

Denise