BC Boards

Working BC in NM

I'm only cross posting, please contact the individual listed below if you are interested in Gus.

Neutered male, border collie, ranch dog needs a retirement home. Gus has been a ranch dog and trial dog (chasing sheep and cattle

in competition), but he is ready to be retired from both. Gus was born Nov. 17, 2002. He is quite healthy and has plenty of

energy, but he prefers to go back to his kennel rather than work cattle, which is not helpful on the ranch. Gus has a great personality and

loves attention. I believe he would make an excellent companion for someone willing to give him plenty of exercise on a daily

basis. His current owner is in poor health, and can no longer give Gus the attention he deserves.

Gus has had about 4 seizures in his life, but has never taken medication to control them. He was generally working under

stressful situations when he had the seizures (hot weather, or being kicked by a cow), so I would not expect this to be an issue

as he gets older. Gus is not housetrained because he has always been kept outside in his own kennel. He gets along with the 4 other dogs on

the ranch when they are let out to run. There are wild cats and two tame cats that live on the ranch. The tame cats live in the garage and pretty much stay out of the way of the dogs when they're out running. Gus has been taught not to chase the cats, but he doesn't live in the same space

with them. Gus has never shown any aggression to anyone of any age. He's an easygoing, goofy, faithful companion.

Please contact me by email (wendikm@peoplepc.com), or call me at 575-376-3084 in the evenings if you are interested in adopting Gus. Please include information about your family, your experience with animals, and the accommodations you have for an active border collie. Please include pictures, if possible. He lives in Northeastern New Mexico just off of I-25. His adoption fee is $250, which would include delivery within a 300 mile radius of Raton, NM. The fee would be negotiable to anyone able to pick him up.

5lareb.jpg

Archived