BC Boards

Mojo for Fergie, please

Well, good news and bad news.

We went to the new vet this afternoon. She is really helpful and caring. Unlike the one who bought the practice we loved. We'll be taking Maggie there for her check-up this summer.

The bad news is that Fergie has a growing tumor in her abdomen. Which the previous vet discounted unless we went for a colonoscopy. It doesn't matter that it's been a month. She wouldn't have been a candidate for surgery anyhow.

So, we expect 1-2 weeks of our Fergie-ness left. At least she can now eat when she's hungry. Poor dog has lost 10 pounds in a month on the restricted diet the previous vet wanted. As long as she's not in pain, she can just fade away. If we see signs of pain, we'll do what we have to do.

We do ask that you - and your pets - keep her in your prayers.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to read this - I was hoping you had months or years left with Fergie. But at least you know what's going on and can treat her accordingly. And you have found a vet that cares which is a big help when if and when you have to make any decisions for Fergie. Fergie, you and your family are in my prayers.

Nancy,

I'm so sorry you didn't get good news today. Praying for you during this difficult time, and a peaceful crossing over to The Bridge for Fergie.

Pam

So sorry to hear your results. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

I just went through all the same symptoms Fergie has had with my girl last fall, and we lost the battle. Not a happy time for you, so give her all the love and hugs you can. She will hang on as long as she can for you.

Cindy

Well, we were prepared for the news. And we did hope for longer. But, with our Fergie, you never know.

At least we can feed her more. It won't do any harm - which the previous vet predicted. Heck, I've had her out in the yard and pulled up a piece of chickweed. And she snapped it up. Did spit it out, but she sure wanted to eat any possible food. She'll sleep in the tiled kitchen. It's easier to clean than the carpet in the den. But even it is "pub carpet" - wall-to-wall but in a pattern of all possible stains.

She sure has always been the perfect dog for us. And she still is. For as long as she is.

I'm so sorry. :( Hugs to you and Fergie. Good thoughts and prayers that the next little bit holds some good days for her, and comfort for you and your hubby when her time is up. PLEASE give that sweet girl a kiss from me.

I just am seeing this. Know that you, Fergie, and your whole family are in my thoughts and you have many virtual hugs from us.

Aww... not what I was hoping to hear. Will keep you both in our thoughts. Hope she suprises everyone and lives for another couple of years.

Hugs to anyone who needs it.

I was hoping for better news for you and Fergie. May her remaining days be filled with sunshine - I know they will be filled with love. Hugs for you and Fergie...

Oh ... crumbs. I sure was pulling for Fergie to have a little infection or something. You are in our thoughts, and my collies are getting some extra loving in Fergie's honour. I am glad that she can eat whatever she wants now. I'm sure you will find all kinds of ways to spoil her.

Archived