BC Boards

TN Rescues

I have a friend who lives in Knoxville, TN who is looking for a BC puppy that she can train to herd. She lives on a farm. Since she knows that every BC I've owned have been rescues, she'd like to look into that, knowing that she might have to select an older dog.

I have no idea what direction to point her in and am very leary of TN Rescues after adopting Danny, a Swafford dog. Can anyone tell what rescues are legit?

Thanks so much.

Yep, I second now third Georgia's recommendations. I've worked with both East TN and West TN BCR over the years. :)

I think members of both rescues are also members here, and East TN is based right there in Knoxville, so very close to your friend.

Hello,

I'm a member of the board of directors of ETBCR and we are indeed reputable. :D We are located in Knoxville. What kind of work is she looking to do? Hobby herding or trialing? Does she have her own stock?

Feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance.

Both East and West TNBCR are great - my Lisa got her Ben from West TN and has worked with East TN, if I recall correctly. Good people, doing a great job!

My dog is from East Tennessee BCR. They are great folks to work with.

Archived