BC Boards

a year has gone by

KrisK

It has been a year today since our paths separated and the sense of loss is still strong. I still look for him to come greet me at the door with his joyful bark and a run in the field isn't the same with only Cricket. For you Jazz..until we meet again...

He was my other eyes that saw above the clouds; my other ears that heard above the winds. He was the part of me that could reach out into the fields. He told me a thousand times over that I was his reason for being; by the way he rested against my leg; by the way he thumped his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he showed his hurt when I left without taking him. (I think it made him sick with worry when he was not along to care for me.)

When I was wrong, he was delighted to forgive. When I was angry, he clowned to make me smile. When I was happy, he was joy unbounded. When I was a fool, he ignored it. When I succeeded, he bragged. Without him, I feel alone. He was loyalty itself.

He taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I knew a secret comfort and a private peace. He brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee healed my human hurts. His presence by my side was protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I have needed him - as I always have. He was my big and handsome boy – and my heart still aches at his loss. Adapted from a writing by Gene Hill

post-3503-060306600 1301749224_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived