BC Boards

Not a BC but a mom and pups that need your help!

I am forwarding this plea for transport help to anyone I know who might be located along the needed legs of the route. I know many of you are busy but you might also know someone who could step in for a leg (or two) to help move this Aussie mother and her pups on their way to rescue and new lives in the Northeast with a trustworthy rescue group.

The needed legs are shown. Please contact Hope Stewart directly (hdennis@wvu.edu) or call me if you would like to at 304-692-9661 and I can get messages on to Hope.

I know I am sending this to a group of people with big hearts, and hope that some of you or your friends might be able to help out this mother in need and her babies.

Sue

- Hide quoted text -

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Subject: Transport help

To: susan.rayburn@gmail.com

Hi Sue,

I'm desperately trying to fill a transport for a mother and puppies - I've got most of it filled north of Hagerstown but badly need some help in Virginia - do you know any BC people that might be willing to help? Could you spread the word?

Thus far Legs 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 are filled.

Here's what we have:

TRANSPORT REQUESTSunday - March 27 2011 - Roanoke. VA ~ New Milford, CT

This is an emergency transport for a very special lady and her brand new family.

Katelyn is (or was) a very pregnant aussie girl, in deep trouble when her family abandoned her to a shelter fate. By the time she was evaluated and in to a vet it was determined that the young lady was way too close to whelping to safely handle the stress of travel. Sure enough, Katelyn produced 5 healthy pups at the vet clinic last week and the vet feels they are now ready to travel. It's tough finding fosters who can take in a mother with a litter, but this seems to be Katelyn's lucky day. AWS in CT will take her in, now we just need to get her there. Can you help?

Katelyn will have a no-slip collar and leash and paperwork, and a donut style dog bed will be provided to move the pups in and out of a car. She will need a crate so she can be with her pups to nurse them. I realize this is a tough week for transports and we're trying to fill two that can't be combined because the dogs are "special needs". Since Katelyn's a mother with new pups, we don't want to combine her with other travelers and put the pups at any risk.

If you can possibly help - please contact Hope Stewart with the following info:

Your name

The leg you can do

Cell/phone #

Vehicle info

Mom and Pups are headed to Animal Welfare Society - http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CT185.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope Stewart, Transport Coordinator

Hope.stewart@mail.wvu.edu

304-379-9633 or (cell) 304-680-3458

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leg 1 Roanoke to Lexington, VA

65 miles (1 hr) 7:00am~8:00am

FILLED BY: Thank you Chris!

Leg 2 Lexington, VA to Harrisonburg, VA-

61 miles ( 1 hr) 8:15am~ 9:15 am

FILLED BY: NEEDED

Leg 3 Harrisonburg, VA to Winchester, VA

70 miles (1 hr 15m) 9:30am~10:45

Leg 4 Winchester, VA to Hagerstown, MD

43 miles (50m) 11:00~11:50

Leg 5 Hagerstown, MD to Harrisburg, PA-

76 miles (1 hr 25 min) 12:05-1:30pm)

LEG 6-- Harrisburg,PA~Hazleton,PA (81N)

81 mi. (1 hr.,25 min.) 1:45 pm ~ 3:10 pm

FILLED BY: Thank you Elizabeth!

LEG 7-- Hazleton,PA~Scranton,PA (81N)

46 mi. ( 55 min.) 3:25 pm ~ 4:20 pm

FILLED BY: Thank you Tara!

LEG 8-- Scranton,PA~Matamoras,PA (81N;84E )

58 mi. (1 hr.) 4:35 pm ~ 5:35 pm

FILLED BY: Filled

LEG 9-- Matamoras, PA ~ Newburg, NY

43 mi (45 min) 5:50 pm ~ 6:35 pm

FILLED BY: Thank you Eileen and John

LEG 10--Newburgh,NY ~ New Milford, CT

55 mi (1 hr; 10 min) 6:50 pm ~ 8:00 pm

FILLED BY: Thank you Brigitte!

This transport is filled, in no small part by friends in the working Border Collie community (thanks, Cheryl and David!!!). Thank you to all who checked this out and wanted to help.

One sweet Aussie and her tiny pups will be on their way to a reputable rescue and a bright future, thanks to folks who care.

Archived