BC Boards

Anyone remember a few years ago that girl posted about her Border Collies she was going to breed? Her brother and dad got on to say they weren't breeders and would never breed their dogs? Elise " " was her name.

Well, I just counted 43 dogs on a site "maintained" by her which includes the dogs they "weren't ever going to breed." All 43 are breeding dogs besides 4 which are said retired ones. According to the site, all the dogs but two are now owned by "Claudia Wheeler" who is the LLC holder for this little breeding business.

On this site, it says it is very rare that a puppy of theirs has not been sold by 6 weeks old and they are ready for pick up at 7 weeks old. Well 9 of the 10 puppies (three litters all together already and we are only half way through March) she has posted are still available and only one is "pending." They have the exact day listed that the puppies can go home via pick up and the exact day they can be shipped (cost of shipping, $300.00 on top of whatever they are charging for the puppies).

Oh and did I mention they have 13 more "possible" breeding's planned for 2011? So all together, we can say pretty safely say, based on the information posted, 80 - 100 puppies will be produced this year from these people?

All their dogs are proudly registered with the ABCA (banner and all!) and they accept PayPal!

Did I mention the dogs are a bunch of very pretty colors?

I am not posting the link for obvious reasons.

If you want a look, you can PM me. I just don't want Joe Blow taking a looking and buying one of these little poor souls from these idiots.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, she owns the dog who fathered my pup, 'Kohl'. ]:

ETA:

If it's the person I think you're talking about. And I thought I'd just add that I didn't buy Brady from them, he's from a farm in Ohio. I think the lady who bred him was a little misled.

GRRRRR.

The first round with this girl, I gave her a pass as a kid having teenage fantasies. Then she kept emerging and re-emerging. And now, according to the site, she's an 18-year-old, living with the breeders while she goes to school.

The whole story is one of those bizarre Internet trails left behind by people who don't understand that there's no secrecy or privacy on the 'net.

And obviously the previous posts were lies.

::Sigh::

Mary

Here ya go ... count all the dogs! And listen to the others in the background. http://www.youtube.c...u/1/xdmE6b17ZWg

They are in Pittsburg, Texas. I wonder what kind of dog limit laws there are there, and what it takes to get a kennel license or a conditional use permit or whatever that area requires ... and if this "kennel" is up to code.

Hello everyone,

Ironically, I had just checked this breeder's website a few days ago, after I was asked to be their friend on Facebook (which I declined). However, I didn't make the connection between this mass producer (aka: puppy mill) and the teenager who had posted to these boards a few years ago and now works for this breeder.

I find it to be abhorrent that puppy mills all over the internet seem to be thriving, and I hope that something can be done to awaken the public soon.

Regards,

nancy

!@#^&%$%!^%$!#@$%

There are no words for this... browsing through their website, I am just plain angry now. What the eff is wrong with people!?!?!!

Why in God's name does ABCA continue to accept registrations from a breeder like this?! Can't they say no?? Shouldn't 100+ puppies per year kind of be a red flag to them!?!

Also, not that it's any surprise, but I could only find three pictures on the whole site with sheep, and looks like a pretty good chase session to me at that.

!@#^&%$%!^%$!#@$%

Why in God's name does ABCA continue to accept registrations from a breeder like this?! Can't they say no?? Shouldn't 100+ puppies per year kind of be a red flag to them!?!

Because ABCA is a registry and if the people keep their records in good order, there is no problem.

If ABCA were a registry requiring proof of working ability then it would be a different story. But how to do that? (it has been discussed many times before when in actuality it would have been easier to implement due to fewer dogs)

Looks like the girl had her dreams come true. She now works for a puppymill. Just what she was dreaming about. I also see a female dog on the site that if memory serves, is her pup that she spoke of when she was on these boards.

I can just hear the conversation now:

Girl: I just LOVVVVE all you dogs, specially the colored ones. I'd love to work for you.

Puppymiller: Well I could use a kennel girl, I have a lot of damn dogs to clean up after.

Girl: YEs Yes pick me, I will gladly try and keep the place poo picked, I just lovvvve ALL your dogs! THis is what I've dreamed of! I even have a real nice female that my parents never made me have spayed...

Puppymiller: well then missy, you're hired as long as we can add your female to our breeding pack. We'll make tons of money off her! BTW we're not going to pay you but we'll let you pick out your own breeding pack of dogs. Then we can keep spreading the word about how great our dogs are!

So that's how I see the deal goin down. Guess I could be wrong....

One of the stud dogs 'Adam Lambert' is 10 mos old and has two litters of pups pending.....but that's probably ok because he's 'Lilac'.

It's interesting to follow the links from sites like this or search for advertised 'friends' or search for the breeders of the dogs that they have.....you find a close knit circle of similar high volume, color breeding, unproven, young breeding stock puppy mills. Some of them even have the same dogs (the SAME) listed that they must trade between litters so it doesn't appear that they're breeding bitches back to back...the litter is simply advertised on a 'friends' site as their own breeding.

I've been thinking a lot about this today. I told Pam earlier that I found it sad the only person who stepped up to the plate to mentor this young girl was a commercial breeder. :(

It was clear to me years ago, when she first posted here, that she would breed dogs eventually. What wasn't clear was the direction she would take. Would she find a mentor who would help her learn about the breed and how to produce quality puppies, or would she find one who takes shortcuts and breeds for the wrong reasons? Now I know the answer to that question.

I'm not going to go back and look things up from when she was here on the boards but along with the reg. board disaproval I think if I'm remembering correctly there were quite a few folks on here that treated her with kindness and tried to get her to understand the issues she was missing.

And Pam are you referring to us here that should be taking the time to mentor her? :blink: Kinda hard to do since we don't really know her, she's not here on the boards anymore nor asking us for anything. Kinda hard wouldn't cha say?

I also remember her dad coming on here all high and mighty telling us she is just a kid dreaming kid dreams we should be going easy on her. Guess that's exactly what he did.

Just one question why didn't someone take the mentoring roll with this kid years ago instead of lamblasting her and now instead of critizing her, why not take the time to be nice and try to educate her?

Education is far better than attacking

Um. People DID try to educate her, the first time she came in.

In fact, people went ridiculously easy on a kid who was obviously posting personal information online and doing stuff that could get her into real-world trouble. People tried to explain how the Internet is a scary thing, and that a kid her age should really be careful about what she puts out there.

She essentially called us a bunch of meanies, and left in a huff.

Then her father (?) came in and basically called us a bunch of meanies, too, and scolded us for believing that this girl would breed the dogs. (All of which was obviously a LIE, too - I suspect he supported the breeding for $$ - but maybe, I think, he was scared that his daughter had put all her contact info on the web at such a young age.)

If you haven't seen a bad case of Internet manipulation, you're lucky. Many of us have.

Mary

Who gave up on her? She went a different direction, we are not her keepers. I do good to keep myself and my own children in a good way. I can't seem to find any sympathy for her or the situation. My bad.

Who gave up on her? She went a different direction, we are not her keepers. I do good to keep myself and my own children in a good way. I can't seem to find any sympathy for her or the situation. My bad.

If I remember correctly, the story changed a few times as she was telling it.

And you don't know what circumstances were in her life to make her choose one thing or another. You cannot take responsibility for children on the internet - that is their parents responsibility. And if you're not there to mentor them IRL, it's really hard.

It's a sad situation, but not one that we should feel ultimately responsible for.

Did anyone decide to look at the ages of some of the dogs being bred? "Adam Lambert" is not even 1 yrs old, a couple females are not even 2 or just turned 2, 1 female that is almost 9 yrs... very sad.

I do remember her and yes many folks tried to mentor her online until she left in a huff. It is sad but it is what it is. People cannot take on the responsibilities of others via the internet. This person and who knows if she really is a kid, will do what she wants, when she wants. There is no talking to her or reasoning.

She needed a local mentor who she could interact with face to face. Knowing how strong willed she is I doubt that someone could have done it via the internet. I find it sad that the one she ended up with is the sort of breeder that she is. That's all I am saying, that it's a shame what happened.

This is really sickening. :angry: It makes me really sad to see so many dogs, so many breedings, so many ages, so many puppies.

Looking at "Razzles" teeth is unbearable. She's only 6 years old and her teeth are so rotten and her incissors and canines are ground down almost to nothing! I can't imagine her molars/premolars. Poor girl. :(

Archived