BC Boards

New Guy

Hello all. New to the board. I have a border collie mix dog I got from shelter, and thought I would join up now that I found it. His name is Jude and he's me and my wife's best bud. He'snto the best behaved dog, but he does his best and we do ours. We just moved to Arizona from Utah, and we'll be looking to add to our family when we finally get out of the apartment and get a house. And, hopefully, be getting our next one from the Border Collie rescue!

Jude is guessed to be hitting 4 years old this month, and we got him from the Enoch shelter in Utah. Someone picked up his brother the same day (anyone here??) or else we probably would have brought them both home. We think he might be mixed with German Pointer because of his spots on the front and he's always pointing when he smells the outside cats

l_767317586e0ad7a50f6c301d47462946.jpg

attackjude.jpg

Hi! I don't post much here, but wanted to say "Welcome" to the boards. Enoch has it's own shelter now? When I lived in Cedar City during the '80s, I remember Enoch being somewhat of a residential subdivision, out in the valley north of town, with a few little businesses. Sounds like it's grown. Jude is a very handsome dog.

Thanks for the welcomes and compliments! He's so alert in the bottom picture because right as I was taking it, the cat across the street came into view! Oh no!

One habit that Jude has that does drive us crazy is his constant licking of his paws. He loves to chew, but once he starts chewing his bone, it quickly leads to licking his paws. And a lot of times, it seems he just gets bored and starts licking until his feet look like their red and sore (unless we catch him)

Anyone have the same problem?

Welcome to the boards. Jude is a handsome fellow. As for his paw licking, try posting to the health & genetics section. You might get some answers there. Also, try the search feature which might bring something up.

Archived