BC Boards

Texas Breeders

I'm looking for a breeder in the Texas area. OK and LA would be fine as well. This dog will be a companion and will not work livestock. Agility would be a possibility depending on the dog.

Before anyone chimes in about rescue, please don't. Every dog I currently own was a rescue. I've never purchased a dog from a breeder before. I am looking for a puppy <16 weeks old. It's very hard to find a border collie this young in rescue.

It seems that the breeders most willing to sell a dog to a non-working home are not people I want to deal with. The breeders I do feel good about typically don't sell to non-working homes. This dog will live inside and will get plenty of exercise and stimulation.

Before anyone chimes in about reading up on the board or the opinions of its members, I already have. I have been on here for 3 1/2 years, with most of my time spent lurking.

I already tried the search feature, but it didn't turn up many results. Thank you for your help. I may have already contacted the majority of Texas breeders, but I'm hoping there were a few that I missed.

Please feel free to send me personal messages. I know it can lead to headed discussions if you post breeder information on a public forum.

Archived