BC Boards

Steve Heishman's Turk

dream spirit

• 2 weeks later...

I was just scanning some old Finals pedigree lists and found the dog as the sire of Jeanne Weaver's 2001 Nursery dog, Deigh.

Weaver, Jeanne Mi N Deigh F 2/99 ABCA 145210

Turk Steve Heishman ABCA 16612

Paige Bonnie Kramer ABCA 70718

I wish they'd leave the pedigrees up on the USBCHA website with the annual Finals results. There are a couple of years that have them....I refer to the list quite alot when remembering dogs, seeing them in pedigrees and trying to recall how they were bred.

I was just scanning some old Finals pedigree lists and found the dog as the sire of Jeanne Weaver's 2001 Nursery dog, Deigh.

Weaver, Jeanne Mi N Deigh F 2/99 ABCA 145210

Turk Steve Heishman ABCA 16612

Paige Bonnie Kramer ABCA 70718

Deigh was my dog from about 2 1/2 years old till last May when I lost her to Cancer. She was a great dog with tons of grit and "get 'er done" attitude. I really miss her quite a bit. I have two daughters from her and love them both.

I would suggest trying to contact Steve himself. He is still in Virginia, maybe contact the VBCA?

Turk was bred many time to Steve's Cass bitch. I have a dog out of a Turk/Cass cross. Very talented, but very grippy. The Turk/Cass cross was rumored to not have the temperment for a trial dog, and regretfully, I have to agree.

Wendy

ETA: My avatar shows the dog who is a son of the Turk/Cass cross. That cross threw a lot of black.

Thanks Wendy, Deigh had grip but was a good trial dog for me.She would at times "wolf" the sheep and cause them to be flighty, but it was more her way of coming on than her gripping. Was not Cass cross,though. She was quite black too.

I would suggest trying to contact Steve himself. He is still in Virginia, maybe contact the VBCA?

Turk was bred many time to Steve's Cass bitch. I have a dog out of a Turk/Cass cross. Very talented, but very grippy. The Turk/Cass cross was rumored to not have the temperment for a trial dog, and regretfully, I have to agree.

Wendy

ETA: My avatar shows the dog who is a son of the Turk/Cass cross. That cross threw a lot of black.

Michele,

Bonnie Kramer bred a littermate to Deigh last year. Lyle Lad has one for sale. I would suggest you contact her ASAP as I hear there was some interest in it. Bonnie kept two out of the litter, which are being trained by Scott Glenn. One is a spitting image of Paige, which Deigh resembles greatly.

I'm sorry Deigh passed so soon. I remember her when Jeannie Weaver had her.

Regards,

Wendy

thanks Wendy, I knew Jeannie had a pup off Guff. Lyle never mentioned to me that she had one. I did not know Scott was training up a few. I am glad to hear the line is still strong.

Deigh was a great dog for me, I miss her terribly. Yes she did leave me too young . Cancer sucks!

Archived