BC Boards

Kat needs board mojo

Just saw this for the first time today..................Julie, I am ever so sorry to hear about Kat's injury. I am sending you all kinds of good thoughts, prayers, and mojo. I do hope that she is able to recover. I know what it is like to wish you could do anything in the world for your beloved dog, but to have monetary restrictions. That just sucks. I wish there were a way I could help, but at least know that you and Kat (who, by the way, is stunningly beautiful) are on my mind and in my heart.

best,

D'Elle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She seems to be much the same. Sometimes I think I see something like intentional movement of that leg, but it's gone in a flash and I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or me hoping to see something and therefore seeing it or what. In any case, there's nothing that I can really report as improvement, but her spirits are still good. She wanted so much to play in the snow, but she's getting out only to go potty and is spending the rest of her time indoors, and rather bored I'm afraid. Tonight we're going to try some games and massage and see how she likes that.

Still wishing I had managed to get a little baby Kat, but that wasn't meant to be....

J.

Update: On several occasions today, Kat has actually placed her foot properly on the ground and taken a step. Her leg is still like a limp noodle when this happens (hock rotates out and toes rotate in), but it's clear to me that she is deliberately lifting and placing her foot, so as small as it may be, it *is* an improvement (my housemate observed it too, so I'm not just imagining things).

J.

Julie,

That is definitely encouraging news!!!! Hurray for Kat!!! My sheepdog demo buddy believes that the best cure for many of life's ailments is "the tincture of time and a bit of scientific neglect". Best wishes for continued progress for Kat!!!!

nancy

Archived