BC Boards

Crook Auction Benefit for T's Wolftown

Daniel King

I was graciously given several Ram's horns this past year from, oft BC board contributor, "Tea" (T Martino). If you don't all know by now, T has more or less devoted her life to rehabilitating wildlife with the Wolftown organization. This is a super group of people who help sick or injured wildlife and then return them back to their native habitat if possible. Wolftown also teaches compassionate, sustainable and predator friendly agriculture. All are causes dear to my heart.

In an effort to raise funds for such a worthy cause, I have completed two "curly horn" crooks recently. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of these two sticks will go to help our friend Tea and Wolftown.

Here's how it will work: Starting today, each of the two crooks are up for grabs to the highest bidder. I will take silent bids on stick #1 or #2 (or both!) via email at awayjig@gmail.com or on FB by PM-ing me. More pictures can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/awayjig/WolftownBenefitAuction#

On Dec 12th, I'll notify the winners by email, and announcement on Facebook (Daniel King)and the Border Collie Boards. Check will be payable to Wolftown, and I will post the Crooks to the winners.

A little about the sticks! I believe these horns are from a wool cross Ram from T's Wolftown flock. After working with the horn and polishing it, a deep Chocolate Brown hue with white swirls along the length of the horn appeared. I have not seen a color like this before. The horns are mounted atop imported Hazel from England. Right now both sticks are approx 54 inches tall, so I can cut to length for the winner and place on a brass tip. They will also come with a cover.

For reference, normally these sticks sell for $225.00 Bidding on the crooks or not, please consider becoming a member of Wolftown either way.

Good luck and thanks for supporting Tea and Wolftown.

Please crosspost as you feel appropriate!

post-3175-066729400 1291565496_thumb.jpg

Standby as this auction may be going to Ebay. Hat tip to Sarah Ruckelshaus for the idea. Tea is working on setting up Wolftown in the Non-Profit database in Ebay.

Stay tuned and spread the word.

Dan

Standby as this auction may be going to Ebay. Hat tip to Sarah Ruckelshaus for the idea. Tea is working on setting up Wolftown in the Non-Profit database in Ebay.

Stay tuned and spread the word.

Dan

I'll keep an eye out and repost to my FB accordingly. :)

Cheers ~

Gloria

ok is this it?

http:donations.ebay.com/charity/charity.jsp?NP_ID42957

Yes,that's the link to Wolftown's Ebay charity page. It does look like Dan will have to post his own crooks for sale on the page, though. The process seems pretty simple.

Plus I love that people can just donate there! So you can leave the page permanently for Wolftown donations or future benefits, once Dan's crooks have sold. Huzzah!

~ Gloria

Alrighty then.. Let the bidding begin. spread the word to help Tea!

From my original pictures, this was crook #2. I'll put up Crook #1 tomorrow (24 hrs from start of this auction)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200552139429

Looks great! Let the crook-pimping begin! (For those of us too broke to afford to bid, that is.) :P

Will post on my FB after I feed dogs. :)

Cheers ~

Gloria

Thanks Gloria! The one up on Ebay right now is the #1 Crook in my Picasa album.

As with any of my sticks I have ever sold, they come with a lifetime guarantee.. so long as you don't break it over a dog or fellow handler ;)

I will also polish from time to time as I see my sticks at trials.

More of my work: http://picasaweb.google.com/awayjig/Crooks#

Dan

Here we go again my Sheepdog friends! Spread the word that a second Crook is on the auction block.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200552464932

This is the matching horn to the first auction.

These are GORGEOUS!!!

I'm still way too much of a newbie to know whether I'm going to wash out totally as a handler (probably a much more likely scenario than that my dog will prove to lack what it takes). I devoutly hope that this won't be my only ever chance to bid on one of your crooks!

Thanks for your generous donation to such a worthwhile cause.

These are GORGEOUS!!!

I'm still way too much of a newbie to know whether I'm going to wash out totally as a handler (probably a much more likely scenario than that my dog will prove to lack what it takes). I devoutly hope that this won't be my only ever chance to bid on one of your crooks!

Thanks for your generous donation to such a worthwhile cause.

Yeah- what she said- just stunning work, really.

Not sure I can ever afford one...anybody know where to buy a good horn for the handle? My dad has offered to try to make me one- though he has never done it before, he's handy like that...sometimes :rolleyes:

Vashon Rocks Spinners guild and I added a hand spun shawl made at the Vashon Classic Sheepdog trial.

I don't know how to do this very well, I'm afraid

Handspun Wool Shawl, To Help Wolftown

Item Id: 140488028779

Archived